Children’s Theatre-in-the-Woods is back at Wolf Trap for a new series of concerts and shows aimed at children and their parents.
Since 1971, the program has been an annual tradition at the Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts. Acts vary from puppetry to dance and music.
The first performance will be David Engel’s Willy Wonka-themed magic show on June 18 and 19. The event is planned to include bubble-play and puppetry.
Performances run Tuesday through Saturday at 10:30 a.m., beginning June 18 and running through August 3. Tickets range from $10 to $12 and children under two may attend free of charge.
Other upcoming shows include:
- June 20: SaulPaul
- June 21, 22: Experiential Theater Company — Aesop’s Fables
- June 25: The Gottabees — Squirrel Stole My Underpants
- June 26: Moona Luna
- June 27: Taratibu Youth Association — Unspoken Stories
- June 28: Ants Ants Ants
- June 29: Maru Montero Dance Company
- July 2: Nomad Dancers — Dancing from Cairo to Samarkand
- July 3: Hopalong Andrew — Songs of the Urban Cowpoke
- July 5 and 6: Madcap Puppets — The Great Space Caper
- July 9: The Mömandpöp Comeback Special!
- July 10 and 11: The Deedle Deedle Dees
- July 12 and 13: Kira Willey — Rockin’ Yoga Concert
- July 16 and 17: Jojo & the Pinecones
- July 18: Shannon Dunne Dance
- July 19 and 20: Vital Theatre Company — Angelina Ballerina The Musical
- July 23: Falu
- July 24 and 25: Red Yarn
- July 26 and 27: Maryland Youth Ballet — Cinderella
- July 30: Aaron Nigel Smith
- July 31: Culture Shock, Washington, D.C.
- Aug. 1: Frogtown Mountain Puppeteers — The Legend of the Banana Kid
- Aug. 2 and 3: The Okee Dokee Brothers
For the adults, this summer’s concert series feature Lionel Richie and other big-name acts.
Photo via Wolf Trap
The Vienna Town Council approved increasing a contract yesterday (Monday) for construction on the police department’s new station. The council agreed to allow up to $67,680 more in response to…
If someone wanted to take a bus from Tysons to Springfield right now, they would have to sit through dozens of stops to travel the roughly 15 miles from north…
Editor’s Note — With all 100 seats in Virginia’s House of Delegates on the ballot, Tysons Reporter is running Q&A-style profiles of the races in the Tysons area this week ahead of…
A federal judge in Alexandria agreed with legal arguments for two U.S. Park Police officers after they pursued a 25-year-old motorist in 2017 and fatally shot him in his Jeep….