Fairfax County is planning an LED lightbulb giveaway to brighten local homes and help residents save on their monthly electric bill.
Throughout the spring, libraries across the county will host LED giveaways. All households can get a free LED bulb during the giveaway and are eligible for up to four more, in exchange for turning in incandescent or compact fluorescent lightbulbs.
The Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library (7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church) will host a giveaway on Thursday, May 2 from noon-2 p.m.
According to a press release, residents could save up to $75 a year in their electric bill by replacing the five most frequently used incandescent bulbs with LEDs.
“We wanted to help residents use LEDs in their homes, so we will be offering information and one free LED for anyone passing,” said Jessica Lavender, program manager for Energy Action Fairfax, said in a video. “We’ll have a couple tables right when you walk in and displays showing different lighting available.”
In last year’s giveaway, 8,000 LEDs were distributed to roughly 1,6000 people, resulting in nearly 200,000 kWh and $22,000 saved.
The giveaway is part of the LED exchange program, a partnership between Fairfax County, Energy Action Fairfax, and the Fairfax County Public Library. Here is the full list of giveaway location, via Fairfax County.
- Saturday, April 6, 2-4 p.m., Sherwood Regional Library, 2501 Sherwood Hall Lane, Alexandria
- Wednesday, April 10, 10 a.m.-noon, Pohick Regional Library, 6450 Sydenstricker Road, Burke
- Tuesday, April 23, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Reston Regional Library, 11925 Bowman Towne Drive, Reston
- Thursday, May 2, noon-2 p.m., Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library, 7584 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church
- Monday, May 13, 4-6 p.m., Centreville Regional Library, 14200 St. Germain Drive, Centreville
- Saturday, May 18, 10 a.m.-noon, George Mason Regional Library, 7001 Little River Turnpike, Annandale
Photo via Facebook
Tysons residents will soon get to shape the plan for Fairfax County’s community center in the upcoming Dominion Square West housing development. The county’s Department of Neighborhood and Community Services…
Reston Museum walking tours start at the museum and explore the Lake Anne area Step back in time! Join a Reston Museum docent on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. for a…
A Maryland driver has been arrested after leading police on an extended chase down the Capital Beltway yesterday (Monday) that crossed state lines and ended with a car flip in…
More than two years into the pandemic, Fairfax County is settling into a more stable approach to COVID-19 testing. The Fairfax County Health Department will now support free testing at…