After 18 months of renovation, the McLean Community Center’s arts venue will be returning in January.
The Alden Theatre is reopening early next month with a full season of all-ages theatrical performances. Tickers are currently on sale.
“We’re looking forward to being back in the community’s beloved venue,” Performing Arts Director Sarah Schallern said in a press release. “The inside of the theater hasn’t been renovated; however, the rest of MCC will have amenities that will make the audience experience so much nicer.”
A schedule of performances is below.
- Jan. 5: The Capitol Steps — SOLD OUT
- Jan. 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration — a musical blend of jazz and hip-hop. Tickets are $25 or $15 for McLean residents.
- Feb. 2: The Wizard of Oz — A children’s theater production of the classic story. Tickets are $15 or $10 for McLean residents.
- Feb. 23: The Okee Dokee Brothers — The Grammy Award Winning folk musicians will perform a concert for children and parents. Tickets are $20 or $15 for McLean residents.
- Feb. 24: Perspectives Speaker Series — Crime novelist Walter Mosley will host a free lecture and book signing.
- March 23: The Joshua Show — A puppet show take on Mr. Rogers with live music and “hipster appeal”. Tickets are $15 or $10 for McLean residents.
- March 30, 31: American Shakespeare Center — The travelling theater show will perform Antigone, The Comedy of Errors, and The Winter’s Tale over two days. Tickets are $40 or $30 for McLean residents.
- May 4: New York Gilbert and Sullivan Players — A performance mixing rewritten Gilbert and Sullivan songs as well as the original versions. Tickets are $40 or $30 for McLean residents.
- May 11: All the Way Live — An interactive show where hip-hop artists remix various dances, rhymes and music. Tickets are $15 or $10 for McLean residents.
Photo via Facebook
Writs of eviction issued in Fairfax County (courtesy Department of Housing and Community Development) After a recent study showed an uptick in homelessness, Fairfax County staff say that data connects…
The first annual Paws on the Plaza was held in 2022 (courtesy Tysons Corner Center) The dog days are coming early to Tysons this year. Canines will first be unleashed…
The Southern fast-casual chain Chicken Salad Chick has signed a deal to open locations in Fairfax County (courtesy Chicken Salad Chick) A fast-casual chicken salad company is planning a move…
The proposed route and stations for the Route 7 bus rapid transit system in Tysons (via FCDOT) Plans for a Route 7 bus rapid transit (BRT) system in Tysons are…