This regularly-scheduled sponsored Q&A column is written by Val Sotillo, Northern Virginia-based Realtor and Falls Church resident. Please submit your questions to her via email for response in future columns. Enjoy!
Question: Is there any new development within walking distance from the Vienna Metro?
Answer: Metro Row at Vienna station is a great option, located just south of the Vienna/Fairfax GMU Metro station.
Built by NVR Inc., it’s a 16-acre community with 141 luxury townhomes. They started Phase One in 2016, and they currently are on Phase Two, with expected delivery date for May/June 2019. There are only 18 home sites still available.
Metro Row has been a favorite community for our clients because they deliver a spacious, luxury new townhouse at a great value. Now that they’re well into construction on the second (and last) phase, I thought it would be a good time to check in on what’s left and tour their latest models. Here’s what I like:
- Sizes vary from 2,283 to 2,695 sq. ft. and they accommodate up to 4 bedrooms and 3 and a half bathrooms. The first level can either be an in-law suit or a family room. Very practical use of space.
- My favorite units have access from the main level to a covered back porch with gas fireplace and private backyard. They are great for entertaining!
- The powder room in the model home had a glass tile accent wall and I think that’s an awesome idea you can also apply to the other bathrooms. See video below!
Location, Location, Location
Metro Row is located in a rapidly growing part of Fairfax. Consider these facts:
- Located 0.6 miles from the Vienna Metro (Orange Line makes downtown D.C. just 20 minutes away).
- Easy access to I-66 and 495.
- Walking distance from Pan Am Shopping Center, where you have everything you could possibly need: get groceries at Safeway, watch sports at Glory Days, your daily coffee at Starbucks, pet supplies at Pet Valu, many international restaurants (California Shabu Shabu offers a fun dining experience!) and many other services such as gas station, banks, UPS Store and fast food.
- About a mile from the upcoming mixed use development Scout on the Circle, which will have small shop retail, and a 54,000 sq. ft. Giant Food.
- A 5 minute drive to the thriving Mosaic District, offering many options for dining (True Food and B Side are some my favorites!), shopping, fitness and entertainment.
- 21 miles from both Reagan National Airport and Dulles Airport.
The townhomes at Metro Row start at $759,990, and go up to the mid $900’s, depending on the finishes selected. The HOA fee is $111 (will decrease to $89 a month by community completion) and it includes common ground maintenance, snow removal, trash removal, recycling, grass cutting and landscaping.
As for incentives, they offer up to $20,000 off quick move-ins and a special gift in the model home valued up to $2,500.
If you would like more details about Metro Row, schedule a tour, explore more neighborhoods, or if you’d like a question answered in my weekly column, please send an email to [email protected]. I hope to hear from you soon!
Val Sotillo is a licensed Realtor in Virginia, Washington D.C., and Maryland with Real Living At Home, 2420 Wilson Blvd #101 Arlington, VA 22201, 703-390-9460.
A&J Restaurant in Annandale (file photo) Seven restaurants in Fairfax County are part of this year’s Washingtonian’s 100 Very Best Restaurants list. The restaurants that earned a coveted spot include:…
The upcoming Wolf Trap season will include a tribute to Studio Ghibli fillms by the National Symphony Orchestra, led by composer Joe Hisaishi (photo by Dan Aulsebrook) A preview of…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected] The…
A proposed redevelopment of the West Falls Church Metro station property (via Fairfax County) The nearly 24-acre, mixed-use development planned for the West Falls Church Metro station will come with…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.