This regularly-scheduled sponsored Q&A column is written by Val Sotillo, Northern Virginia-based Realtor and Falls Church resident. Please submit your questions to her via email for response in future columns. Enjoy!
Question: Is there any new development within walking distance from the Vienna Metro?
Answer: Metro Row at Vienna station is a great option, located just south of the Vienna/Fairfax GMU Metro station.
Built by NVR Inc., it’s a 16-acre community with 141 luxury townhomes. They started Phase One in 2016, and they currently are on Phase Two, with expected delivery date for May/June 2019. There are only 18 home sites still available.
Metro Row has been a favorite community for our clients because they deliver a spacious, luxury new townhouse at a great value. Now that they’re well into construction on the second (and last) phase, I thought it would be a good time to check in on what’s left and tour their latest models. Here’s what I like:
- Sizes vary from 2,283 to 2,695 sq. ft. and they accommodate up to 4 bedrooms and 3 and a half bathrooms. The first level can either be an in-law suit or a family room. Very practical use of space.
- My favorite units have access from the main level to a covered back porch with gas fireplace and private backyard. They are great for entertaining!
- The powder room in the model home had a glass tile accent wall and I think that’s an awesome idea you can also apply to the other bathrooms. See video below!
Location, Location, Location
Metro Row is located in a rapidly growing part of Fairfax. Consider these facts:
- Located 0.6 miles from the Vienna Metro (Orange Line makes downtown D.C. just 20 minutes away).
- Easy access to I-66 and 495.
- Walking distance from Pan Am Shopping Center, where you have everything you could possibly need: get groceries at Safeway, watch sports at Glory Days, your daily coffee at Starbucks, pet supplies at Pet Valu, many international restaurants (California Shabu Shabu offers a fun dining experience!) and many other services such as gas station, banks, UPS Store and fast food.
- About a mile from the upcoming mixed use development Scout on the Circle, which will have small shop retail, and a 54,000 sq. ft. Giant Food.
- A 5 minute drive to the thriving Mosaic District, offering many options for dining (True Food and B Side are some my favorites!), shopping, fitness and entertainment.
- 21 miles from both Reagan National Airport and Dulles Airport.
The townhomes at Metro Row start at $759,990, and go up to the mid $900’s, depending on the finishes selected. The HOA fee is $111 (will decrease to $89 a month by community completion) and it includes common ground maintenance, snow removal, trash removal, recycling, grass cutting and landscaping.
As for incentives, they offer up to $20,000 off quick move-ins and a special gift in the model home valued up to $2,500.
If you would like more details about Metro Row, schedule a tour, explore more neighborhoods, or if you’d like a question answered in my weekly column, please send an email to [email protected]. I hope to hear from you soon!
Val Sotillo is a licensed Realtor in Virginia, Washington D.C., and Maryland with Real Living At Home, 2420 Wilson Blvd #101 Arlington, VA 22201, 703-390-9460.
Northern Virginia Magazine has ranked TJ as the region’s top public high school (courtesy Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology) Six of the 10 best high schools in…
Planning officials in the Shenandoah Valley and central Virginia fear proposals to change Virginia’s transportation funding system could significantly reduce state funding for smaller transportation projects for cyclists and pedestrians….
This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a forward-thinking Life Plan Community for those 62 and better. When The Mather, a Life Plan Community for those 62…
A pumpkin display from Tysons Corner Center’s 2022 Fall Festival (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Tysons Corner Center is jumping into the abundant pile of local fall festivals. The mall…