Wondering what to do with your long weekend? Never fear, Tysons Reporter has you covered.
Throughout the weekend, Tysons Corner Center mall will be one of a handful of locations nationwide where players will be able to demo popular Nintendo brawler Super Smash Bros. Ultimate one month before its release.
The game will be playable at kiosks in the mall, along with other Nintendo games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Just Dance 2019. The kiosks will be open tomorrow (Saturday) from 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
Tonight (Nov. 9)
- Opening Night at Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights (5:30-10 p.m.) — The Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna (9750 Meadowlark Gardens Court) will be lit up with a half-mile stretch of light displays. Tickets are $14 for regular admission or $8 for child admission. Be warned, light rain is expected tonight, and cold weather is expected tomorrow. The Walk of Lights will run until Jan. 6, 2019.
- Happy Hour Fundraiser for Vienna Volunteer Fire Department (6-9 p.m.) — The Tysons Biergarten will donate $2 to the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department (VVFD) for every person that shows up with the Facebook event flyer either printed out or on their phone. A percentage of bar sales from 7-8 p.m. will also be donated to the VVFD.
Saturday (Nov. 10)
- Wolf Trap Mega-Adoption Event (11 a.m.-1 p.m.) — The Wolf Trap Animal Rescue’s adoption events typically have around 30 animals available, but for National Adoption Weekend the organization will have nearly 100 puppies and kittens up for adoption Sunday morning at the Tysons PetSmart (8204 Leesburg Pike). A full list of animals up for adoption is available online.
- Veterans Expeditions BBQ and Blues Fundraiser (6:30-9:30 p.m.) — Veterans Expeditions is hosting a fundraiser at J.R.’s Stockyards Inn (8130 Watson St) in Tysons to support its mission of arranging outdoor adventures for veterans. The event will feature live retro-blues music and barbecue.
- Gordon Biersch Tysons Corner Veteran’s Day Fundraiser (Noon-5 p.m.) — A percentage of food and beer sales at the Tysons Corner (7861 Tysons Corner Center) brewpub will go towards the EOD Warrior Foundation, a charity that provides assistance to explosive ordnance disposal veterans and their families. Veterans eat free from a special menu.
- Sabado with Jeff Carr (8 p.m.-2 a.m.) — Guest DJ Jeff Carr will host a night of salsa and bachata dancing with hits from Latin house music and Latin pop at the newly opened nightclub Palladium (1524 Spring Hill Road). Salsa and Bachata classes start at 8 p.m. with cover free for anyone who arrives before 11 p.m.
Sunday (Nov. 11)
- SyteraYoga Grand Opening Celebration (1:30-3:30 p.m.) — The yoga studio that launched in January in downtown McLean will open its doors in a new location (6888 Elm Street) with a celebration that includes chair massages, local vendors, food and drinks.
- Tyler Ramsey at Jammin Java (8 p.m.) — The former lead guitarist for Band of Horses will be performing at Jammin Java in Vienna (227 Maple Ave E). Tickets are $13 in advance or $15 for same-day purchases. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Image via Nintendo
The body sculpting business LightRx Body & Face is opening a new spa at Pike 7 Plaza in Tysons (courtesy LightRx) A clinic that provides liposuction, laser hair removal and…
A sign for Graham Park Plaza in West Falls Church (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is looking into adjusting its signage rules to allow for brighter and bigger…
A crowd gathers on a sunny Saturday for the annual ViVa Vienna festival (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fair Lakes Sidewalk Closed for Construction — “The sidewalk along eastbound Fair…
(Updated at 6:30 p.m.) Two people have died, and two more have been hospitalized in an apparent shooting and stabbing at the Tysons View Apartments in Idylwood. A 20-year-old man…