There is no shortage of places to eat in Tysons, though sometimes it can be hard to pick a lunch option or figure out a good meeting spot for a sit-down dinner.
We scoured the dozens of restaurants in the immediate Tysons area on Yelp and picked out the highest-rated options.
Included are everything from fast casual eateries to high-end steak and seafood restaurants. Many, as one would imagine given the local landscape, are located in malls, office buildings and single-story shopping plazas.
The top 15 restaurants are below, with the best-reviewed options at the top.
- Blessing Cafe (8618 Westwood Center Dr) — 5 stars — “While working basically next door this was the close place to grab a quick lunch and it certainly did not disappoint. I had the chicken teriyaki one day and then the beef bulgogi another day. Both were great.”
- Lei’d Poke (8032 Leesburg Pike) — 4.5 stars — “Lei’d Poke is a solid spot to get your raw fish fix. If you didn’t know, this joint is run by the same owners of Chasin’ Tails, Teas’n You, and Roll Play… Here, I’d recommend getting Matcha Edamame Rice with Sweet Maui Onion Salmon and Class Shoyu Tuna.”
- Banban Fusion Eatery (8251 Greensboro Dr) — 4.5 stars — “The restaurant… is a small office cafe-optimized for people to grab their lunch and go. They have several menu items such as sandwiches, bibimbap, and hibachi bowls.”
- Roll Play Grill (8150 Leesburg Pike) — 4.5 stars — “This is the real deal place for pho and Banh Mi sandwiches… go directly to the flat screen and place your order.”
- American Prime (1420 Spring Hill Road) — 4.5 stars — “Skip over everything else on the menu and order the house-smoked prime rib with sides of bone marrow mashed potatoes and bacon creamed corn.”
- Charlotte Artisanal (Tysons Corner Center, 1961 Chain Bridge Rd) — 4.5 stars — “This crepe stand is located inside Tysons Corner mall in front of [the] Gap store… I ended up getting banana Nutella crepe and it was TERRIFIC!”
- Super Chicken (8357 Leesburg Pike) — 4 stars — “You know those rotisserie chickens you get from grocery stores? What if they were really really good? What if they were really cheap and came with sides (two sides per order) like chickpeas, veggies, fried rice, fried plantains, French fries, etc.? Well that just about describes the chicken at this place.”
- Coastal Flats (7860 Tysons Corner Center) – 4 stars — “Forget your usual mediocre, overpriced mall restaurants, this place is legit worth checking out. The have a pretty extensive menu so there’s something for everyone. Be sure and get the Ozzie rolls.”
- Eddie V’s Prime Seafood (7900 Tysons One Pl) — 4 stars — “Eddie V’s provides a tasteful atmosphere which combined with the live music and nice views, makes for a nice dining establishment. Beyond that, however, my experiences here have had a tendency to be inconsistent.”
- Crust Pizzeria Napoletana (8415 Old Courthouse Rd) — 4 stars — “Great, authentic Naples pizza – finally! – in Tysons/Vienna… Decent selection of drinks, good side dishes, slightly grumpy guys in charge – so just like Naples!”
- Nostos (8100 Boone Blvd) — 4 stars — A favorite of Washington Post food critic Tom Sietsema, who wrote: “My favorite place to eat in Tysons continues to be Nostos, home to a Greek menu and charming service.”
- Paddy Barry’s Irish Pub and Restaurant (8150 Leesburg Pike) — 4 stars — “Great spot for a Guinness and if you are looking for a quiet place for a business lunch, this is the place to go… It’s a rather large Irish bar with a good Irish draft beer selection and a good menu. Two in my group left no crumbs in their large Shepard’s pie and the fish and chips was a hit too.”
- The Capital Grille (1861 International Dr) — 4 stars — “I think this is possibly even better than Morton’s and Ruth’s Chris, certainly less stuffy although around the same price points and comfortable but very upscale ambiance. A great experience all around from excellent service to amazing food.”
- CAVA (8048 Tysons Corner Ctr) — 4 stars — “Cava bowls have a special place in my heart! They are nutritious and packed with flavor. It’s good to have an option of fast food that you don’t have to feel guilty about.”
- Thai’s Corner (8607 Westwood Center Dr) — 4 stars — “Probably the best Thai restaurant I have ever been to. Food is definitely good and the service is excellent… My favorite: Pad Thai, Drunken Noodles, Spring Rolls, Basil Chicken Fried Rice. Basically everything is good.”
Want to go out at night after your meal? Nightlife in Tysons leaves something to be desired, but there are several popular options to choose from.
And in case you’re wondering about the lowest-rated restaurant in Tysons with at least 5 reviews on Yelp — it’s the McDonald’s in Tysons Corner Center mall, at No. 207 on the list.
Photo via Instagram/Lei’d Poke
An FCPS employee gets vaccinated against COVID-19 at an Inova clinic in January 2021 (photo by Karen Bolt/Fairfax County Public Schools) Fairfax County is looking for artists to contribute to…
Big Buns Damn Good Burgers is now open in McLean (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Big Buns Damn Good Burgers has arrived in McLean. The regional burger chain opened its…
A music festival celebrating LGBTQ artists is coming to Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts this summer. In its first programming announcement for the upcoming season, the Wolf…
Vienna police SUV (via Vienna Police Department/Facebook) Police from three different jurisdictions are on the lookout for suspects in an armed carjacking reported in Vienna Saturday night (Jan. 28). An…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.