There is no shortage of places to eat in Tysons, though sometimes it can be hard to pick a lunch option or figure out a good meeting spot for a sit-down dinner.
We scoured the dozens of restaurants in the immediate Tysons area on Yelp and picked out the highest-rated options.
Included are everything from fast casual eateries to high-end steak and seafood restaurants. Many, as one would imagine given the local landscape, are located in malls, office buildings and single-story shopping plazas.
The top 15 restaurants are below, with the best-reviewed options at the top.
- Blessing Cafe (8618 Westwood Center Dr) — 5 stars — “While working basically next door this was the close place to grab a quick lunch and it certainly did not disappoint. I had the chicken teriyaki one day and then the beef bulgogi another day. Both were great.”
- Lei’d Poke (8032 Leesburg Pike) — 4.5 stars — “Lei’d Poke is a solid spot to get your raw fish fix. If you didn’t know, this joint is run by the same owners of Chasin’ Tails, Teas’n You, and Roll Play… Here, I’d recommend getting Matcha Edamame Rice with Sweet Maui Onion Salmon and Class Shoyu Tuna.”
- Banban Fusion Eatery (8251 Greensboro Dr) — 4.5 stars — “The restaurant… is a small office cafe-optimized for people to grab their lunch and go. They have several menu items such as sandwiches, bibimbap, and hibachi bowls.”
- Roll Play Grill (8150 Leesburg Pike) — 4.5 stars — “This is the real deal place for pho and Banh Mi sandwiches… go directly to the flat screen and place your order.”
- American Prime (1420 Spring Hill Road) — 4.5 stars — “Skip over everything else on the menu and order the house-smoked prime rib with sides of bone marrow mashed potatoes and bacon creamed corn.”
- Charlotte Artisanal (Tysons Corner Center, 1961 Chain Bridge Rd) — 4.5 stars — “This crepe stand is located inside Tysons Corner mall in front of [the] Gap store… I ended up getting banana Nutella crepe and it was TERRIFIC!”
- Super Chicken (8357 Leesburg Pike) — 4 stars — “You know those rotisserie chickens you get from grocery stores? What if they were really really good? What if they were really cheap and came with sides (two sides per order) like chickpeas, veggies, fried rice, fried plantains, French fries, etc.? Well that just about describes the chicken at this place.”
- Coastal Flats (7860 Tysons Corner Center) – 4 stars — “Forget your usual mediocre, overpriced mall restaurants, this place is legit worth checking out. The have a pretty extensive menu so there’s something for everyone. Be sure and get the Ozzie rolls.”
- Eddie V’s Prime Seafood (7900 Tysons One Pl) — 4 stars — “Eddie V’s provides a tasteful atmosphere which combined with the live music and nice views, makes for a nice dining establishment. Beyond that, however, my experiences here have had a tendency to be inconsistent.”
- Crust Pizzeria Napoletana (8415 Old Courthouse Rd) — 4 stars — “Great, authentic Naples pizza – finally! – in Tysons/Vienna… Decent selection of drinks, good side dishes, slightly grumpy guys in charge – so just like Naples!”
- Nostos (8100 Boone Blvd) — 4 stars — A favorite of Washington Post food critic Tom Sietsema, who wrote: “My favorite place to eat in Tysons continues to be Nostos, home to a Greek menu and charming service.”
- Paddy Barry’s Irish Pub and Restaurant (8150 Leesburg Pike) — 4 stars — “Great spot for a Guinness and if you are looking for a quiet place for a business lunch, this is the place to go… It’s a rather large Irish bar with a good Irish draft beer selection and a good menu. Two in my group left no crumbs in their large Shepard’s pie and the fish and chips was a hit too.”
- The Capital Grille (1861 International Dr) — 4 stars — “I think this is possibly even better than Morton’s and Ruth’s Chris, certainly less stuffy although around the same price points and comfortable but very upscale ambiance. A great experience all around from excellent service to amazing food.”
- CAVA (8048 Tysons Corner Ctr) — 4 stars — “Cava bowls have a special place in my heart! They are nutritious and packed with flavor. It’s good to have an option of fast food that you don’t have to feel guilty about.”
- Thai’s Corner (8607 Westwood Center Dr) — 4 stars — “Probably the best Thai restaurant I have ever been to. Food is definitely good and the service is excellent… My favorite: Pad Thai, Drunken Noodles, Spring Rolls, Basil Chicken Fried Rice. Basically everything is good.”
Want to go out at night after your meal? Nightlife in Tysons leaves something to be desired, but there are several popular options to choose from.
And in case you’re wondering about the lowest-rated restaurant in Tysons with at least 5 reviews on Yelp — it’s the McDonald’s in Tysons Corner Center mall, at No. 207 on the list.
Photo via Instagram/Lei’d Poke
The Foster Glen townhomes in Oak Hill are the only development in Fairfax County currently selling workforce dwelling units at 120% AMI (via Google Maps) In the future, people who…
Fairfax County police have arrested two men who allegedly broke into a house in the McLean area earlier this week and robbed and assaulted its residents at gunpoint.
Kilmer Middle School in Tysons has stepped up the presence of its security team today (Friday) in response to an alleged threat of gun violence heard during a fight.
In a message sent to parents at 3:10 p.m. yesterday (Thursday), principal Steven McFarlane said the school had been “made aware of an alleged threat of gun violence that was overheard by students during a fight” that afternoon.
Behind the Rotunda Condominiums in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Low Interest in Virginia’s Medical Cannabis Program — “A new study that takes a close look at Virginia’s medical…