Tesla Pursuit in Tysons — “Police officers chased three Tesla vehicles likely stolen from a Virginia dealership overnight Friday, ending with two drivers fleeing and another driver getting caught, police say… A Fairfax County Police officer noticed a Tesla driving on Route 7 near the Beltway about 3 a.m.” [NBC 4]
Local Companies Going Green — “Can you imagine finishing a meal by eating the very same utensils you used to consume it? How about the ability to choose between plain, sweet, and savory flavored edible utensils? If the folks at The Mather have their way, plastic utensils will soon be a thing of the past and the planet will be better for it.” [Inside NoVa]
Shop Local on Saturdays — “Falls Church Mayor David Tarter signed a proclamation Friday declaring all Saturdays in May as ‘Small Business Saturdays 2.0’ to encourage citizens to direct their buying to the City’s small businesses during the lockdown over the Covid-19 pandemic.” [Falls Church News-Press]
Tysons CEO Talks COVID-19 — “Tysons-based business intelligence software firm MicroStrategy Inc. is heading into an economic minefield caused by the spread of Covid-19 — but CEO Michael Saylor said he feels pretty good about the future.” [Washington Business Journal]
— WTOP Traffic (@WTOPtraffic) May 4, 2020
Black Friday makes the headlines, but this upcoming Small Business Saturday (Nov. 24) will give locals a chance to check out some of the small stores throughout the area and maybe get some holiday shopping done.
The Vienna Business Association has put together a list of all small businesses in the areas with special deals on Saturday, including:
- Bards Alley LLC (110 Church St NW) — A book store in Vienna that will have giveaways for purchase over $50, refreshments, and a signing by local authors Katy Upperman, author of The Impossibility of Us, at 11:00 a.m., Eugenia Kim author of The Kinship of Secrets, at 1:00 p.m., and Anna Whiston Donaldson, author of the book A Hug from Heaven, at 3:00 p.m.
- Elements Massage (122 Maple Ave W) — A massage parlor offering $30 discount off of your first one-hour massage session. The deal will run both Saturday and Sunday.
- Savvy Rest Natural Bedroom (258 Maple Ave E) — The mattress store will be offering 30 percent off all Savvy Rest Mattresses and 25 percent off all other products.
- Bikes @ Vienna (128 A Church Street NW) — This store bicycle, which specializes in non-traditional models, will be offering 10 percent off select bicycles and accessories.
- Aesthetic Medical Center (8150 Leesburg Pike) — Calling the clinic (703-992-7979) on small business Saturday will net a 15 percent discount on any single treatment through Dec. 31.
- Colleen’s Creations, LLC — This online-only business run out of a Vienna home will be offering a variety of discounts on lipstick and glosses. All cosmetics and skincare materials are 40 percent off. Pickup is available in Vienna or via mail for a $4 charge.
- Generation Code (112 Church St NW) — This kids coding camp will offer five percent off winter break camps.
- Freeman Store (131 Church St NE) — The Freeman Store and Museum, a historically styled general goods store, will offer a 10 percent discount (15 percent for members) on merchandise in the store excluding used books.
- Potomac River Running Store (111 Maple Ave W) — The regional chain is offering buy one, get one 40 percent off. A Potomac River graphic t-shirt is available for $10 with any purchase of $20 or more.
- Skintelligence (421 Church St) — This skincare and spa treatment clinic in Vienna is offering 10 percent off any massage scheduled on Nov. 24 for any day between Nov. 26 and Dec. 23. All skin care products are also 20 percent off.
- John Edwards Hair Design (103 Church St NE) – A cosmetic studio offering 40 percent off any facial or skin care peel.
Meanwhile, for those looking to support small businesses in Tysons and McLean, here is a partial list put together from both American Express’s map of small businesses and the Greater McLean Chamber of Commerce’s retail directory.
- Color Wheel (1374 Chain Bridge Road) — A family business offering paint and specialty finishes and custom photo framing.
- Mangan Jewelers of McLean (6801 Whittier Ave) — A jewelry store featuring wedding rings, fashion jewelry and estate pieces.
- McLean Hardware Co. Inc. (1445 Chain Bridge Rd) — McLean’s local hardware and household goods shop, offering a variety of gardening, plumbing, electric and houseware supplies.
- Mayflowers of McLean (1363 Chain Bridge Rd) — A florist shop in downtown McLean.
- Treasure Trove (1317 Chain Bridge Rd) — A used merchandise store offering everything from old books to clothing. All proceeds benefit Inova Hospital.
- Mesmeralda’s Gifts (1339 Chain Bridge Rd) — A gifts and novelty items store.
- Gegi Couture (1339 Chain Bridge Rd) — A fashion store focusing on custom clothing and tailoring for women.
- Carpet Impressions (1339 Chain Bridge Rd) — A carpet and handmade rug store.
- The Preppy Pink Pony (6829 Redmond Drive) — A monogrammed gifts and invitations store.
- Tysons Tailors (8099 Tysons Corner Center) — An alterations and tailoring shop inside Tysons Corner Center.
- Tysons Watch and Jewelry Exchange (8150 Leesburg Pike) — a store trading in jewelry, watches and luxury items.
- Aram Boutique (2001 International Dr) — A women’s fashion store in Tysons Galleria.
- Vienna Hot Tubs & Patio (1524 Spring Hill Rd) — An emporium stocking home spas, fire pits and patio furniture
- Shiraz Market (8486 Tyco Rd) — An international grocery store featuring Middle Eastern and Asian goods.
Photo via Facebook