As a mom of three little ones (twins included), I understand the challenges of finding the perfect family-friendly restaurants in Fairfax County.
Dining out with kids can sometimes feel like a daunting task, but fear not! I’ve put together a list of our top five favorite spots that we visit frequently, where we consistently enjoy wonderful experiences. From Tex-Mex to fresh seafood and even upscale dining, these restaurants have something for every family.
- Urbano is a gem in Mosaic District, offering a delightful blend of Mexican and Latin flavors. This family-friendly restaurant provides an upbeat atmosphere that parents and kids alike can appreciate. Their menu features a variety of dishes, including mouthwatering tacos, flavorful burritos, kid’s fresca drinks (that are a huge hit in our family), and fresh guacamole. Urbano is an excellent choice for a family night out.
- Chuy’s is a must visit for those craving Tex-Mex cuisine in a lively and colorful setting. Located in Fairfax County, this restaurant goes the extra mile to make families feel welcome. Kids receive coloring sheets and crayons to keep them entertained while you browse the extensive menu. From scrumptious tacos to cheesy enchiladas, Chuy’s has something for everyone. Don’t forget to try their famous creamy jalapeño dip — it’s a hit with the whole family!
- Fish Taco offers a delightful fusion of fresh seafood and Mexican flavors right here in Fairfax County. This family-friendly spot in Tysons boasts a relaxed and casual ambiance, making it perfect for parents with kids in tow. Their menu includes mouthwatering fish tacos, shrimp burritos, and delectable house-made guacamole. The little ones are not forgotten, as they offer a kid’s menu with smaller portions for the younger members of the family.
- Coastal Flats (and all of the Great American Restaurants): The Great American Restaurants group is renowned for providing exceptional dining experiences for families in Fairfax County. Coastal Flats, a part of this esteemed group, stands out for its warm and welcoming atmosphere and delectable American cuisine. Known for their fresh seafood dishes, tender steaks, and signature flatbreads, this restaurant offers a diverse menu to cater to every palate. With an extensive kid’s menu featuring classics like mac ‘n’ cheese and chicken tenders, Coastal Flats is the ideal destination for family gatherings or a night out with the little ones.
- For a slightly more upscale yet family-friendly dining experience, Seasons 52 in Fairfax County is an excellent choice. This restaurant offers a seasonal menu with fresh ingredients and healthier options. What sets Seasons 52 apart is their commitment to providing balanced meals for children. The kid’s menu features items like grilled chicken, mini-indulgence desserts, and fresh fruit — all served in kid-sized portions. The elegant and comfortable setting makes it a great option for special family occasions or a night out with the whole family.
Enjoy making family memories and eating so much yumminess!
Explore Fairfax with Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney.
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
Do you remember your first museum visit? Or a time you felt inspired walking around a museum? What if you had the chance to help give someone else their best…
The Fairfax County Courthouse (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Fairfax County Courthouse will soon lend a helping hand to visitors intimidated by the prospect of navigating the legal system…
Police allegedly found merchandise stolen from Macy’s at Tysons Corner Center after arresting a trio of shoplifting suspects (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Three people were arrested earlier this week…
Tysons West behind Robert Cole’s sculpture “The Thought” (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Gallows Road Study Identifies Safety, Traffic Issues — “The Gallows Road Multimodal Study is exploring ways to…