Labor Day weekend in Fairfax County is filled with events and activities for all ages! Here are a few to definitely consider adding to your plans.
- Labor Day Car Show (City of Fairfax): This annual car show brings together automotive enthusiasts to showcase a diverse array of classic cars, hot rods, and vintage vehicles. Visitors can enjoy live music, food vendors, and a chance to explore Downtown Fairfax.
- Superheroes Host Kids & Family Labor Day Festival (Tysons): Join Captain America, Spiderman, and Wonder Woman in a fun-filled day for all ages. There will be moonbounces, photobooths, outdoor games and activities, and more! Spend the day with the coolest superheroes and have an unforgettable family day!
- Outdoor Escapes: Enjoy the natural beauty of Fairfax County by hiking in Great Falls Park, Burke Lake Park, or exploring the trails at Mason Neck State Park. If you’re up for a bit of adventure, consider kayaking or canoeing along the Potomac River (check out previous Lakeside video).
- Visit Historic Sites: Fairfax County is rich in history. Take the opportunity to explore sites like George Washington’s Mount Vernon, Gunston Hall, and the Civil War Interpretive Center at Historic Blenheim. Guided tours and demonstrations offer a glimpse into the past.
- City of Fairfax Farmers Market: Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the City of Fairfax Farmers Market over the weekend. Explore local produce, baked goods, artisan crafts, and more while supporting local vendors and enjoying the community atmosphere.
- Wineries & Breweries: Spend a leisurely day at the local wineries and breweries. Enjoy wine tastings at places like Paradise Springs Winery and Winery at Bull Run or sample craft beers at Fair Winds Brewing Company.
Get ready to kick back and enjoy the last splash of summer this Labor Day! Pick activities that make you smile and suit your style. Have a blast and make this Labor Day uniquely yours!
Explore Fairfax with Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney.
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
Northern Virginia Magazine has ranked TJ as the region’s top public high school (courtesy Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology) Six of the 10 best high schools in…
Planning officials in the Shenandoah Valley and central Virginia fear proposals to change Virginia’s transportation funding system could significantly reduce state funding for smaller transportation projects for cyclists and pedestrians….
This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a forward-thinking Life Plan Community for those 62 and better. When The Mather, a Life Plan Community for those 62…
A pumpkin display from Tysons Corner Center’s 2022 Fall Festival (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Tysons Corner Center is jumping into the abundant pile of local fall festivals. The mall…