When it comes to beating the summer heat, few things compare to the creamy, sweet indulgence of a delicious scoop of ice cream.
In Fairfax County, residents and visitors alike are spoiled for choice when it comes to ice cream parlors. From classic flavors to innovative creations, there’s something for everyone. Join us as we explore the top ice cream spots in Fairfax County, where you can cool off and satisfy your sweet tooth.
1. Woody’s Ice Cream (City of Fairfax): Is a beloved local gem known for its exceptional ice cream. Using only the finest ingredients, they craft creamy and delicious flavors that cater to all tastes. From timeless classics to unique specialties (smores is my fav), Woody’s offers an unforgettable ice cream experience.
2. Peterson’s Ice Cream Depot (Clifton): Is housed in a charming train depot building. Their old-fashioned ice cream is made on-site and features delightful flavors like black raspberry, butter pecan, and mint chocolate chip. Enjoy your cone while watching the trains go by.
3. Dolcezza Gelato (Mosaic): Bringing a touch of Italy to Fairfax County, Dolcezza Gelato in Fairfax offers artisanal gelato made from scratch using seasonal, locally sourced ingredients. With flavors like honey lavender, Thai coconut milk, and dark chocolate, each scoop is a taste of pure indulgence.
4. Lazy Mike’s Delicatessen (Falls Church): While Lazy Mike’s Delicatessen is primarily known for its savory deli offerings, they also offer a yummy selection of ice cream to satisfy your sweet tooth. They provide a variety of classic flavors and toppings, ensuring that you can enjoy a delicious dessert alongside their savory offerings. Whether you’re in the mood for a simple cone or a decadent sundae, Lazy Mike’s Delicatessen has a sweet surprise waiting for you.
5. Jeni’s Ice Cream (The Boro): Is an acclaimed artisanal brand known for its exceptional flavors and high-quality ingredients. From classic favorites to innovative creations, every scoop is a delicious adventure. With a commitment to sustainability and a vibrant atmosphere, Jeni’s offers a memorable ice cream experience that leaves you wanting more.
Fairfax County is a haven for ice cream lovers and these 5 spots deliver the sweetest scoops in town. From traditional delights to innovative masterpieces, get ready for an unforgettable ice cream journey. So grab a spoon, your friends and family and dive into a world of frozen delights.
Your taste buds will thank you!
Explore Fairfax with Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney.
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
Northern Virginia Magazine has ranked TJ as the region’s top public high school (courtesy Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology) Six of the 10 best high schools in…
Planning officials in the Shenandoah Valley and central Virginia fear proposals to change Virginia’s transportation funding system could significantly reduce state funding for smaller transportation projects for cyclists and pedestrians….
This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a forward-thinking Life Plan Community for those 62 and better. When The Mather, a Life Plan Community for those 62…
A pumpkin display from Tysons Corner Center’s 2022 Fall Festival (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Tysons Corner Center is jumping into the abundant pile of local fall festivals. The mall…