Jewelry worn by stars like actor Kristen Bell and singer Kelly Clarkson will soon be for sale at Tysons Corner Center.
Texas-based designer Kendra Scott is planning a three-day grand opening to celebrate the arrival of her new, 2,653-square-foot store at the mall, where it’ll be located next to Lululemon.
Doors will open on Friday, April 21, at 10 a.m. for Kendra Scott’s first Tysons location, though the business also has stores at Reston Town Center and the Mosaic District in Merrifield.
During the grand opening, which will run from April 21-23, the store will offer giveaways — including a free piece of jewelry for every shopper who spends at least $75 — and donate 20% of its proceeds to local nonprofits.
“Kendra Scott hosts more than 10,000 Kendra Gives Back events in retail stores annually and looks forward to establishing relationships and connecting with the Tysons community,” the company said in a press release.
Here is the schedule for the grand opening:
Friday, April 21, 6-8 p.m.
- Proceeds go to the Junior League of NoVa for “social activism-focused projects directly benefiting the local community.”
- Floral Pop Co will offer complimentary custom floral bouquets for the first 25 supporters who spend $100 or more. Guests may enjoy “sips and sweets” while they shop.
Saturday, April 22, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Proceeds go to Best Buddies of Virginia & DC, funding programs that support individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Complimentary coffee will be provided by the Bean Bag Bakery.
Saturday, April 22, 4-7 p.m.
- Proceeds go the food bank Food for Others as part of a partnership with the Tysons Community Alliance.
- Guests will enjoy entertainment by Deejay Courtney and may enjoy sips and sweets while they shop.
Sunday, April 23, noon-3 p.m.
- Proceeds go to Chi Omega and Make-A-Wish, which grants wishes for children with critical illnesses.
- Charcurry Boards will provide charcuterie cones, and guests may enjoy sips and sweets while they shop.
Established in 2002, Kendra Scott sells jewelry and other fashion accessories, including watches. With a flagship studio in Austin, Texas, the company has grown to over 130 stores and pop-ups, and over 850 specialty boutiques in the U.S.
Scott appeared as a guest judge on the 12th season of the reality show “Shark Tank,” and her designs are regularly worn by celebrities, including a necklace that has been seen on everyone from Taylor Swift and Blake Lively to Olympic gymnast Simone Biles, according to People magazine.
After the grand opening, the Tysons store will be operate from 10 a.m.- 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 11 a.m.- 7 p.m. on Sundays.
Pickleball courts are being considered for a warehouse at 8520 Tyco Road (via Google Maps) Pickleball courts may be in store for a warehouse on Tyco Road, a still-industrial section…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected] If…
Volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocates get sworn in by the Fairfax County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court (courtesy Fairfax CASA) Fairfax County’s child welfare system has seen abuse and…
Vienna Police (file photo) Vienna police are searching for a person who robbed a postal worker while armed with a knife and pepper spray on Friday (June 2). Officers responded…