Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
We hear all the time about shopping local, shopping small, but do you know the real impact you have when you put your spending power behind a local store?
You’re helping someone live out their dream, sponsor a local team, feed their family, and create jobs. Sure, sometimes it might be $5 more than Amazon, but that money goes a long way to supporting your neighbors. I want to share some gift ideas if you’re looking for someone hard to shop for:
- Bards Alley: Books, journals, stuffed animals, candles, other small home goods
- Fern and Folly: Custom gift boxes (curated however you want — perfect for someone new to the area or leaving the area as a keepsake of their time here) or custom flower arrangements, or a flower arrangement class
- Caffe Amouri: Coffee machines and accessories, coffee or tea
- Cocoa Vienna: Chocolate or custom chocolate selection, also sugar free chocolate is available
- Holly + Clove: Custom anything! PJ’s, shirts, cups, sunglasses, koozies, onesies, ornaments, and more. If you need it by Christmas, you want to check in with her on availability though.
- The Sweet Life: Custom sugar cookie decorating kits or other custom orders
- The Freeman Store: Used books, but also a lot of Vienna centric items
- Child’s Play: Toy store, books, legos, stuffed animals, some small outdoor toys — NEW McLean location
- Mesmeralda’s Gifts: Great for mother in laws or a coworker (they don’t have a website, but you’ll just have to go in and poke around)
- Trace: So many options to encourage earth friendly or self-care items
- Terra Christa: If you’re like me, you’ve driven by this store on Church Street countless times but have never gone in. If so, here’s what they have: jewelry, stones, religious items, essential oils, and sage for the near year.
- Trousseau: Just going to leave this one here. Better than a new vacuum.
- McLean Hardware: Tools, yard decor, grills, yard signs
Okay… next week is the big week. My annual map and list of the best light displays around Vienna. PLEASE send me your neighbors or your own home!
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
A Youth Art Exhibition at Dulles Airport showcases work by Fairfax County students (courtesy McLean Project for the Arts) Before enduring the indignities of modern airport security, people flying out…
Live Fairfax is a bi-weekly column exploring Fairfax County. This recurring column is sponsored and written by Sharmane Medaris of McEnearney Associates. Questions? Reach Sharmane at 813-504-4479. Are you an inspired foodie like…
The clock is ticking for Fairfax County and the D.C. region to adopt a new transportation plan aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions. This past June, the National Capital Region…
Giant Food in Vienna (via Google Maps) A man who allegedly fired a gun during a family dispute in the parking lot of Vienna’s Giant Food has been arrested, the…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.