Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
There are lots of traditions around Vienna that you should know about if you’re new to town or maybe just looking to branch out after the last few years. Many of these events are really cute with little kids and I remember them fondly when my boys were smaller. They age out quickly of the little kid stuff, so buy tickets early!
- James Madison Band: 2022 Tiny Tots Concerts — Three different shows, fun songs, characters and traditionally there’s a “snow” dump at the end so if you sit in front be prepared to be dumped on (it’s not wet!) but if you have a kid who doesn’t like to be dirty, maybe sit more in the middle of the room.
- This Sunday, November 20 is the Vienna Turkey Trot — Fun run, 5k or 10k
- Meadowlark Winter Walk of Lights — Open now! About a 1 mile walk with light displays and ends with a fire pit and s’mores, cider, hot chocolate, etc.
- Vienna Church Street Stroll — Next Monday at 6 p.m. If you’re looking for something a little bigger, these were also a fun one-time event for me (some of them are far or they’re pricey, so it’s not worth it for me to make these a tradition but it was fun one time).
- Enchant at Nationals Park
- Christmas Village at Leesburg Animal Park — 2022 tickets aren’t up yet as of November 14
- Zoo Lights at the National Zoo in D.C.
- Harry Potter: A Forbidden Forest Experience in Leesburg — Now to January 29
- Bull Run Festival of Lights — Now open, 2.5 mile drive through light displays
- Wolftrap Sing Along — Free, December 3 at 4 p.m.
- VRE Santa Train Ride — Tickets go on sale on November 28 for the event on December 10
- Merry Mosaic — Many events from November to December, which includes both Santa visits and Menorah Lighting for Hanukkah
- The Nutcracker at Capital One Hall — Sunday, December 11
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
The D.C. area’s first-ever Winter Lantern Festival is coming to Lerner Town Square at Tysons II (courtesy Kaleido Arts & Entertainment Group) Thousands of lanterns will take over Lerner Town…
Fairfax County Public Schools Fairfax County Public Schools could require parental notifications for class materials deemed sexually explicit, but in a deviation from the state, the proposed policy directly addresses…
The Koons Chevy auto dealership at 2000 Chain Bridge Road (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The developer behind Reston Station and Herndon’s stalled downtown redevelopment has turned its sights to…
A man walks by trash bins next to the curb (via Trinity Nguyen on Unsplash) (Updated at 1:25 p.m.) The service and staffing challenges plaguing trash collectors throughout Fairfax County…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.