Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
I’ve been getting so much positive feedback lately from people who read this column and I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who reads this!
It’s nice to know I’m not talking to myself, but also, please please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or ideas for content. I’m always open to suggestions!
If you’ve been around a while, maybe you’re looking for something new to do that’s not the usual jumping place, bowling alley, or movie theater. I went on the hunt for something new to me, that might be new to you too. Here’s what I found:
- George Mason University Center for the Arts: Discounted tickets to family friendly performances and a family series of shows. If you’ve got sports crazed kids like I do, the acrobats in high heels with football pads seems right up my alley! They also have a “Harold and the Purple Crayon” performance!
- Go to a Mason Athletics event for cheap! Both mens and women’s basketball starts this week. FYI for all the Cub/Girl Scout leaders, they have a “Scout Day” with discounted tickets.
- All Fairfax County libraries have “take and make” activity kits. They’re all different too.
- Join the Winter Reading Challenge and get a guest pass for several rec centers including Oak Marr and Spring Hill, or a free bucket of golf balls at Oak Marr (and several others).
- Check out the Partakes Calendar for events and classes to sign up for. They have so many options to explore your hobbies!
- Explore a show at the Kennedy Center. They do a family series if you want to make it a family affair. I hear Bluey is making his way to the stage around Thanksgiving this year.
Again, if you have other events to share, please leave a note in the comments or email me [email protected] and I’ll be happy to add it!
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
The former Faith Baptist Church building in Vienna (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Faith Baptist Church that has occupied 301 Center Street South in Vienna for about seven decades…
An Arlington-based ice cream shop that brings together flavors from around the world is planting its flag in the Mosaic District to further an ambitious expansion plan. Mimi’s Handmade will…
(Updated at 10:30 a.m.) It’s another day of poor air quality for Fairfax County and the rest of the D.C. area. As wildfires continue to burn in Canada, the resulting…
Haze turns the sky orange over the Vienna Metro station garage (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Air Quality Issues Continue Today — “Due to the wildfires in Canada, a Code…