Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
I’ve been getting so much positive feedback lately from people who read this column and I just want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who reads this!
It’s nice to know I’m not talking to myself, but also, please please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or ideas for content. I’m always open to suggestions!
If you’ve been around a while, maybe you’re looking for something new to do that’s not the usual jumping place, bowling alley, or movie theater. I went on the hunt for something new to me, that might be new to you too. Here’s what I found:
- George Mason University Center for the Arts: Discounted tickets to family friendly performances and a family series of shows. If you’ve got sports crazed kids like I do, the acrobats in high heels with football pads seems right up my alley! They also have a “Harold and the Purple Crayon” performance!
- Go to a Mason Athletics event for cheap! Both mens and women’s basketball starts this week. FYI for all the Cub/Girl Scout leaders, they have a “Scout Day” with discounted tickets.
- All Fairfax County libraries have “take and make” activity kits. They’re all different too.
- Join the Winter Reading Challenge and get a guest pass for several rec centers including Oak Marr and Spring Hill, or a free bucket of golf balls at Oak Marr (and several others).
- Check out the Partakes Calendar for events and classes to sign up for. They have so many options to explore your hobbies!
- Explore a show at the Kennedy Center. They do a family series if you want to make it a family affair. I hear Bluey is making his way to the stage around Thanksgiving this year.
Again, if you have other events to share, please leave a note in the comments or email me [email protected] and I’ll be happy to add it!
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
The baseball diamond at Linway Terrace Park (via Fairfax County Park Authority) Grass may soon be passé at Linway Terrace Park in McLean. McLean Little League (MLL) has offered to…
Lake Fairfax in Reston (staff photo by Jay Westcott) Lego Discovery Center Breaks Ground — “It was an honor today to participate in the LEGO Discovery Center groundbreaking at Springfield…
The Prosperity Business Campus owner has suggested turning it into a mixed-use neighborhood (via Fairfax County) The Mosaic District has been declared a rousing success by Fairfax County, but between…
This sponsored column is written by the team at Arrowine & Cheese (4508 Cherry Hill Road in Arlington). Sign up for the email newsletter and receive exclusive discounts and offers. Experience Arrowine’s Tastings & Events. Have…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.