Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
If you’re trying to hold onto the last few days of summer and make the most of your 4 day weekend, here are some great weekend trips to look at if you’re looking for an escape.
- Aquia Landing Park, Stafford, Virginia: About an hour from Tysons, this is a popular fishing spot and beach for swimming. Note there’s a fee for parking.
- Colonial Beach, Virginia: Colonial Beach is about 90 minutes away from Tysons. It has easy parking, is on the Potomac River (so very few waves), has shallow water and there’s a fishing pier. You’ll find a cute snow cone and ice cream spot, too. (Try the chocolate éclair ice cream!)
- Mason Neck State Park, Lorton, Virginia: This small hidden gem is located under an hour from Tysons and offers fishing plus canoe and kayak rentals. Be sure to call ahead for a reservation. You’ll also find spots for swimming and walking trails.
- Lake Anna State Park, Spotsylvania, Virginia: About two hours away, you’ll find lots of sand and water for swimming and playing, camping grounds for overnight stays and walking trails. Tents are not allowed on the beach.
- Sandy Point State Park, Annapolis, Maryland: An hour from Tysons, Sandy Point is a popular beach before the Chesapeake Bay Bridge with lots of space for distancing. This is a great spot if you just want to escape for a day.
- Calvert Cliffs State Park, Lusby, Maryland: Located about 90 minutes from Tysons, Calvert Cliffs is a Maryland state park featuring fishing, swimming and walking trails. It’s $7 per car for day use if you’ve got Virginia state plates.
- Salamander Resort & Spa, Middleburg, Virginia: Here you’ll find a spa, restaurants, wineries, an infinity pool, hiking trails, zip lining and, for golf fans, access to the club at Creighton Farms.
- The Inn at Little Washington, Washington, Virginia: Find a top-rated restaurant at The Inn and the quaint town of Washington is perfect for exploring.
- Inn at Perry Cabin, St. Michaels, Maryland: On the beautiful Chesapeake, Inn at Perry Cabin has a spa, restaurants, pool, fitness center, golf and tennis.
- The Inn at Vaucluse Spring, Stephens City, Virginia: This is a romantic bed and breakfast perched along the Shenandoah Valley.
- Nemacolin Resort, Farmington, Pennsylvania: Nemacolin has many types of lodging, a spa, golf, ax throwing, zip lining and tons of restaurant choices.
- The Omni Homestead, Hot Springs, Virginia: Filled with historic charm, this huge spa features hot springs, a water park, golf and lots of other family-friendly activities.
- The Tides Inn, Irvington, Virginia: Find a spa, wine trail, sailing school, golf and newly redesigned rooms!
- The Greenbrier Resort, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia: This resort contains a spa, a casino, pool, arcade, bowling and so many other activities to keep you busy!
- Lansdowne Resort, Leesburg, Virginia: Located in historic Leesburg, Lansdowne Resort has a spa, golf course and more.
- Tidewater Inn, Easton, Maryland: Explore the spa, luxury accommodations, historic Easton and Hunters’ Tavern.
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
The anticipated cost of renovating Patrick Henry Library has escalated in recent years, leading Fairfax County to seek a bigger contribution from the Town of Vienna.
The Vienna Town Council agreed on Monday (Dec. 4) to raise the town’s cap on funding for the new library’s construction to approximately $4.7 million — a $590,000 increase from the previous maximum set in 2020.
New boundaries have been approved for McLean elementary schools to relieve crowding at Kent Gardens (via FCPS) Kent Gardens Elementary School should finally get some substantial capacity relief, starting next…
The Fairfax County School Board will vote next week on $847,000 in funding for security cameras at nine elementary schools. That project is among those that could be funded as…
The National Air and Space Museum’s Udvar Hazy Center in Chantilly at night (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Washington Post Workers Walk Out in Bid for Union Contract — “Unionized journalists…