Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
If you’ve been reading my Neighborhood Expert column for a while, you’ll see my passions include real estate, my kids and food.
We just returned from a week at the beach and I thought it would be fun to put together a list of our must-eat places along the east coast beaches. I remember the first time we went to Ocean City, Maryland with a 2 year old, we had Five Guys for dinner because I didn’t know where to go or what to eat and that was the easiest thing to do. But now that I have 8 years under my belt of staying in Ocean City and Rehoboth, my list of recommendations has grown a bit.
Hope there’s something for everyone on this list. As always, feel free to comment or email me to add anything I don’t know about yet!
- Barn 34: Benedict’s galore
- Bad Monkey: Get your sugar fix early — monkey bread, Nutella French toast
- Egg: Good mix of healthy and indulgence
- Blackwall Hitch: This could be brunch or lunch/dinner!
- Barn 34: The bacon wrapped dates appetizer is awesome
- Rosenfeld’s Jewish Deli: Incredible sandwiches, plus Jewish staples
- Barrio Taco: The plantains were amazing, huge tamale, and great empanadas
- On the Bay Seafood: We always do this to go because waiting for a table seems impossible some days, but the steamed shrimp is served with old bay and cocktail sauce, steamed crab, and crab cakes. If you want traditional creamy crab soup, skip their herbaceous version.
- Longboard Café: Wrinkly green beans are my favorite thing! So so good. Also great burgers and salads.
- Hooked: Fresh seafood and tons of delicious appetizers
- Ropewalk: This is great if you have a lot of kids to entertain because there’s a play area in the sand, but wouldn’t go if it’s adults looking for great food
- Grab and Go Taco: This is a great grab and go option as there’s standing room only, so no sit down option, but great food, “green crack sauce” is delicious, and bonus it’s next to Fisher’s Popcorn.
- Our Harvest: Really good food with vegan options!
- Salt Air: Make reservations! The food is amazing and they have a real kids menu (think kids steak or shrimp and grits).
- Nicola Pizza: Amazingly delicious simple salad, nic-o-boli (their version of a calzone), and pizza
- Thrasher’s Fries: If you know, you know
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
The concept behind Fresh Baguette is self-evident from its name. Serving freshly baked, artisanal bread and pastries, the Bethesda-based bakery is on the rise in the D.C. area, with its…
In the Fairfax Health District, COVID-19 cases are on the decline, and vaccinations have continued to rise. At least one Covid vaccine dose has been administered to 85% of all…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected] With…
Fairfax County’s growing supply of electric vehicle charging stations is available for the public to use, but that service will now come at a cost. Under a retail fee plan…