Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
If you’ve been reading my Neighborhood Expert column for a while, you’ll see my passions include real estate, my kids and food.
We just returned from a week at the beach and I thought it would be fun to put together a list of our must-eat places along the east coast beaches. I remember the first time we went to Ocean City, Maryland with a 2 year old, we had Five Guys for dinner because I didn’t know where to go or what to eat and that was the easiest thing to do. But now that I have 8 years under my belt of staying in Ocean City and Rehoboth, my list of recommendations has grown a bit.
Hope there’s something for everyone on this list. As always, feel free to comment or email me to add anything I don’t know about yet!
- Barn 34: Benedict’s galore
- Bad Monkey: Get your sugar fix early — monkey bread, Nutella French toast
- Egg: Good mix of healthy and indulgence
- Blackwall Hitch: This could be brunch or lunch/dinner!
- Barn 34: The bacon wrapped dates appetizer is awesome
- Rosenfeld’s Jewish Deli: Incredible sandwiches, plus Jewish staples
- Barrio Taco: The plantains were amazing, huge tamale, and great empanadas
- On the Bay Seafood: We always do this to go because waiting for a table seems impossible some days, but the steamed shrimp is served with old bay and cocktail sauce, steamed crab, and crab cakes. If you want traditional creamy crab soup, skip their herbaceous version.
- Longboard Café: Wrinkly green beans are my favorite thing! So so good. Also great burgers and salads.
- Hooked: Fresh seafood and tons of delicious appetizers
- Ropewalk: This is great if you have a lot of kids to entertain because there’s a play area in the sand, but wouldn’t go if it’s adults looking for great food
- Grab and Go Taco: This is a great grab and go option as there’s standing room only, so no sit down option, but great food, “green crack sauce” is delicious, and bonus it’s next to Fisher’s Popcorn.
- Our Harvest: Really good food with vegan options!
- Salt Air: Make reservations! The food is amazing and they have a real kids menu (think kids steak or shrimp and grits).
- Nicola Pizza: Amazingly delicious simple salad, nic-o-boli (their version of a calzone), and pizza
- Thrasher’s Fries: If you know, you know
The preceding sponsored post was also published on FFXnow.com
The anticipated cost of renovating Patrick Henry Library has escalated in recent years, leading Fairfax County to seek a bigger contribution from the Town of Vienna.
The Vienna Town Council agreed on Monday (Dec. 4) to raise the town’s cap on funding for the new library’s construction to approximately $4.7 million — a $590,000 increase from the previous maximum set in 2020.
New boundaries have been approved for McLean elementary schools to relieve crowding at Kent Gardens (via FCPS) Kent Gardens Elementary School should finally get some substantial capacity relief, starting next…
The Fairfax County School Board will vote next week on $847,000 in funding for security cameras at nine elementary schools. That project is among those that could be funded as…
The National Air and Space Museum’s Udvar Hazy Center in Chantilly at night (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Washington Post Workers Walk Out in Bid for Union Contract — “Unionized journalists…