(Updated at 3:55 p.m.) There may still be a few traces of snow on the ground from recent storms, but summer is already in the air at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts.
After the COVID-19 pandemic led to a delayed, scaled-down 50th anniversary season, the summer 2022 season appears to be comparable to previous years, with more national and international artists as well as the return of film screenings accompanied by the National Symphony Orchestra.
Wolf Trap Opera will also perform in The Barns again after being limited to the open-air Filene Center last year.
“After the past couple of years it is going to be especially important to gather as a community, experience nature, and just enjoy great music,” Wolf Trap Foundation president and CEO Arvind Manocha said. “We look forward to welcoming patrons back to the Park in May — and stay tuned as more can’t miss shows are announced this spring.”
While Wolf Trap ended its capacity limits in August, the park continues to require face masks and proof of vaccination against COVID-19 at all performances. Those policies could change in the coming months, depending on federal, state, and National Park Service guidelines.
Tickets for the summer season will open to the general public at 10 a.m. on Feb. 19. Pre-sales for Wolf Trap members started today.
Highlights of the newly announced schedule include:
- May 28: The Original Kings of Go-Go, headlined by Big Tony and Trouble Funk
- June 4: Black Violin with the Blind Boys of Alabama
- June 9: The Head and the Heart
- June 10-11: Bonnie Raitt with special guest Lucinda Williams
- June 12: Ana Gabriel with special guest Flor de Toloacher
- June 16-17: Sheryl Crow with Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit
- June 19: A Juneteenth Celebration with Thee Phantom and the Illharmonic Orchestra
- June 25-26: Steely Dan with Aimee Mann
- July 17: Barenaked Ladies
- July 28: Andrew Bird and Iron & Wine
- Aug. 4: Little Big Town
- Aug. 7: ABBA the Concert
- Aug. 13: A.R. Rahman
- Aug. 19: Fantasia
- Aug. 24: The Decemberists with special guest Brigid Mae Power
- Aug. 28: The Beach Boys
- Sept. 2-4: Sting
- Sept. 8: Yo-Yo Ma and Paquito D’Rivera with the NSO
Wolf Trap Opera
- June 18, 24 & 26: Weber’s “Der Freischütz” (“The Marksman”), at The Barns at Wolf Trap
- July 15: Verdi’s “La Traviata” with the NSO, at the Filene Center
- Aug. 12 & 14: Floyd’s “Susannah,” at The Barns
Film, Stage, and Comedy
- June 21-22: “Beautiful — The Carole King Musical”
- June 24: Broadway in the Park
- July 16: Sing-a-Long “Sound of Music”
- July 22-23: “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” in Concert
- July 29: “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back” in Concert
- July 30: Disney and Pixar’s “Toy Story” in Concert
- Aug. 20-21: Steve Martin and Martin Short
- Aug. 25-26: Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me
The full calendar can be found on Wolf Trap’s website.
Holly Seibold and Karl Frisch are vying to become the Democratic nominee for Virginia’s 35th House District (courtesy Laura Goyer Photography, Friends of Karl Frisch) As early voting for the…
Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected] Tomorrow…
Vienna Police (file photo) Recent violent incidents around Vienna included a confrontation between a man and two others leaving his apartment and a battle between a local resident and an…
Fairfax County Fire and Rescue responded to a burned-up elevator motor at 226 Maple Avenue in Vienna on Saturday (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Metro Extends Blue Line Shutdown —…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.