Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
If you follow Jay’s Wintry Mix — my favorite place to keep an eye on our local weather — you know there’s a chance we get snow today (I’m writing this on Sunday, so if the snow is a bust, like usual, know that’s why). We’ve had such a mild winter so far, I know my kids are craving a snow storm so badly!
If you’re looking for somewhere to go sledding, here’s my annual edition of the best places to go sledding in Vienna and McLean!
- There’s a small hill at Meadow Lane Park on the baseball field. It’s small enough for little kids who might be scared, but enough to give them some speed.
- Westbriar Elementary School (behind the school)
- Cunningham Park Elementary — has a big hill that’s great for picking up speed
- Wolftrap (the theatre) — there’s two places at Wolftrap, the “Bowl” and the “Big Hill”
- Marshall Road Elementary — in the back there’s a small hill
- Thoreau Middle School — big hill in the back of the school
- Westgate Park — there’s a hill behind the 2nd baseball field
- Lemon Road Elementary — has a large hill
- Franklin Sherman Elementary School
My mom hack for another fun snow activity is “snow paint” which is just water and food coloring mixed in a squeeze bottle. My kids write their names in the snow, draw happy faces, etc. It’s always a big hit.
One more tip — we all know after snow comes hot chocolate. Caffe Amouri now sells MaddyBakes hot cocoa bombs and they’re delicious!
Face masks (via Mika Baumeister/Unsplash) Fairfax County Public Schools plans to maintain its mask mandate despite Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s executive order removing masking requirements in schools across the state. The…
Petersen Asks Youngkin to Support Dominion Bill — Chap Petersen, who represents Vienna as the state senator for the 34th District, called on new Gov. Glenn Youngkin to join an…
Reston Parkway and Sunset Hills with snow on the roadway (via VDOT) Roadways in Fairfax County are covered in snow after flurries first started to fall around 1 p.m. and…
Expected snowfall for D.C. area on Jan. 16-17 (via National Weather Service/Twitter) (Updated at 11:55 a.m.) A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued for Fairfax County, as the D.C. area…