Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
One week to go until Thanksgiving!
A lot of the traditions around Northern Virginia that I absolutely love start now. If you’re looking to make some new ones or change up your plans for visitors, check out one of these tried and true happenings, or add one of the newcomers!
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights: Less than a mile walk through fun holiday light displays. Concludes with a concession stand selling s’mores kits, popcorn and hot chocolate.
- Bull Run Festival Of Lights: A drive through 2.5 miles of festive light displays. They’re running an early bird discount for November 11-19.
- Gaylord National Hotel: ICE, Snow Mountain and more.
- Vienna Turkey Trot: Happens this Sunday. Annual Fun Run, 5k and 10k in Vienna held at the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department. Walking is also welcome along with strollers.
- Wolftrap Holiday Sing-A-Long: Virtual this year.
- Madison High School Tiny Tots Holiday Concert: December 2 and 3.
- Madison High School The Snowman in Concert: December 11 at 10:30 a.m.
- Light Up McLean and Light Up Vienna: Holiday light decorating contest.
- Vienna Church Street Holiday Stroll: The annual tree lighting on Church Street with music, November 29 at 6 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Parade in Reston: Back this year! Friday, November 26 at 11 a.m.
- Merry Mosaic: Holiday Tree Lighting, Menorah Lighting, Santa’s Motorcade — various dates.
- Newcomer: Luminocity Festival at the Reston Zoo. Amazing light display throughout the Zoo running until January 2.
Pickleball players celebrate the opening of the courts at Glyndon Park (staff photo by Jay Westcott) The nationwide face-off between pickleball enthusiasts and homeowners has arrived in the Town of Vienna….
The Tysons location you want. The luxurious features and finishes you desire. The thoughtful amenities you deserve. This is Monarch — Tysons’ only new high-rise condominium building — opening Spring…
The shop 520 Ice Cream and Tea has closed at the Mosaic District after five years (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Mosaic District is no longer home to the…
Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Chair Jeff McKay (file photo) Fairfax County’s top priorities for 2023 will be increasing mental health services, boosting police retention, addressing commercial office vacancies, and…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.