Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
One week to go until Thanksgiving!
A lot of the traditions around Northern Virginia that I absolutely love start now. If you’re looking to make some new ones or change up your plans for visitors, check out one of these tried and true happenings, or add one of the newcomers!
- Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights: Less than a mile walk through fun holiday light displays. Concludes with a concession stand selling s’mores kits, popcorn and hot chocolate.
- Bull Run Festival Of Lights: A drive through 2.5 miles of festive light displays. They’re running an early bird discount for November 11-19.
- Gaylord National Hotel: ICE, Snow Mountain and more.
- Vienna Turkey Trot: Happens this Sunday. Annual Fun Run, 5k and 10k in Vienna held at the Vienna Volunteer Fire Department. Walking is also welcome along with strollers.
- Wolftrap Holiday Sing-A-Long: Virtual this year.
- Madison High School Tiny Tots Holiday Concert: December 2 and 3.
- Madison High School The Snowman in Concert: December 11 at 10:30 a.m.
- Light Up McLean and Light Up Vienna: Holiday light decorating contest.
- Vienna Church Street Holiday Stroll: The annual tree lighting on Church Street with music, November 29 at 6 p.m.
- Thanksgiving Parade in Reston: Back this year! Friday, November 26 at 11 a.m.
- Merry Mosaic: Holiday Tree Lighting, Menorah Lighting, Santa’s Motorcade — various dates.
- Newcomer: Luminocity Festival at the Reston Zoo. Amazing light display throughout the Zoo running until January 2.
Behind the Rotunda Condominiums in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Low Interest in Virginia’s Medical Cannabis Program — “A new study that takes a close look at Virginia’s medical…
Sugar plum fairies are getting ready to descend on Fairfax County, which will host multiple productions of Pytor Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” this holiday season. The 131-year-old ballet, now a Christmastime…
The Fairfax County Government Center (file photo) Anticipating slow growth in the real estate tax base and only a modest increase in general fund revenues, local officials are preparing for…
Enchiladas de la Casa from Ometeo, a Tex-Mex restaurant coming to Capital One Center in Tysons (photo by An-Phuong Ly) A new restaurant is getting ready to open at Capital…