The weekend is almost here. Before you embrace the new season at a local fall festival or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area that you might’ve missed.
These were the most-read stories on Tysons Reporter this week:
- Regional pizza and burger chains coming to new McLean Lidl next year
- Italian bakery hits sweet spot with Tysons Corner Center store rollout
- Pet of the Week: Petey, a shy terrier sweetie who lost his owner to COVID-19
- New name awaits former Container Store at tomorrow’s Tysons Block Party
- Vienna Crime Report: Intoxicated hit-and-run, cut brake lines, and more
Ideas for stories we should cover can be sent to [email protected] or submitted as an anonymous tip. Photos of scenes from around the community are welcome too, with credit always given to the photographer.
You can find previous rundowns of top stories on the site.
A tractor-trailer caught fire on I-495 this afternoon (Wednesday), shutting down all southbound lanes at the Route 50 interchange in Merrifield. The fire appears to have sparked right as the…
Judges have named The Mather in Tysons, as the recipient of an Award of Merit for the 2022 Gold Nugget Awards, which honors architectural design and planning excellence from around…
This weekend, McLean got its first Fourth of July fireworks since the COVID-19 pandemic began in 2020 — only no one was around to see them. The McLean Community Center…
Caroline Edasis (left) and Marcy Maler guide Mather residents in Aging Well through vibrant and colorful creative arts programming. This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a…