Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
The countdown is on to the start of school! Just two weeks to go — and a strong prayer that they open and safely stay open five days a week. That leaves just a few more summer days to try and squeeze in as much summer fun as we can.
Looking for inspiration of what to do to fill your final days of summer? Here’s my Tysons summer bucket list:
- Go swimming: Try out one of the local pools for something new. (Watermine is a top hit, and Great Waves is built for the daring. You can find a full list of options here.)
- Attend an outdoor concert like Chillin’ on Church, set for Friday, Aug. 20, at 6:30 p.m.
- Attend a Nationals baseball game. There are two day games coming up, one on Aug. 15 at 1:05 p.m. with a kids lunch box giveaway and Aug. 18 at 4:05 p.m. against the Blue Jays. Pro tip: If you want to eat before or after the game, try All-Purpose Pizzeria or The Salt Line.
- Make the kids tired! Take them for an outing to the Go Ape ropes course, spend the afternoon at a trampoline park like Flight or SkyZone, or head to Kings Dominion.
- Try a new restaurant during Restaurant Week — it starts today! You can also check out the Chesapeake Crab, Wine and Beer Festival at National Harbor on Aug. 14.
- See something new, like the Circus Vazquez at Tysons. (Get discounted tickets here.)
Let me know what’s on your summer bucket list!
The Prosperity Business Campus owner has suggested turning it into a mixed-use neighborhood (via Fairfax County) The Mosaic District has been declared a rousing success by Fairfax County, but between…
This sponsored column is written by the team at Arrowine & Cheese (4508 Cherry Hill Road in Arlington). Sign up for the email newsletter and receive exclusive discounts and offers. Experience Arrowine’s Tastings & Events. Have…
A rendering of the duplexes proposed to replace the Vienna Courts condos (via Town of Vienna) The Vienna Courts offices will officially be replaced with residential condominiums. The Vienna Town…
Trees lit up for the winter holidays illuminate the Mosaic District amid nighttime fog (photo by Susan Woolsey) Alexandria Motel Demolished — “The Alexandria Motel at 6411 Richmond Highway was…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.