The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean, and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Aug 3)
- Collision of Rhythm at Wolf Trap — 10:30 a.m. at Theatre-in-the-Woods (1551 Trap Road) — For August and September, Wolf Trap is returning to full-capacity shows. Collision of Rhythm is a non-stop performance of percussions, marimba, singing, juggling and more that is sure to get your toe-tapping. Tickets can be purchased online, and questions can be directed to Wolf Trap’s patron services at 703-255-1868 or [email protected].
- Kids on the Green: Blue Sky Puppets — 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at the Vienna Town Green (144 Maple Ave. E) — Vienna’s annual kids’ summer program presents Blue Sky Puppets, a professional touring children’s puppet show. Bring a blanket or lawn chair to sit on for the show. The performance will last 30-45 minutes, weather permitting.
Wednesday (Aug 4)
- Yogapalooza with Bari Koral at Wolf Trap — 10:30 a.m. at Theatre-in-the-Woods (1551 Trap Road) — Popular Youtuber Bari Koral will lead an interactive concert that “blends imaginative songs, yoga poses, and dance breaks that families can enjoy together.” Tickets can be purchased online.
- Straight No Chaser at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Straight No Chaser is an a-cappella group with over 100 million YouTube views along with collaborations with Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Elton John, and Dolly Parton. Tickets can be purchased online.
Thursday (Aug 5)
- Lindsey Stirling at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Electronic violinist Lindsey Stirling is coming to Wolf Trap for a concert and meet and greet. Ticket bundles for the meet and greet and limited edition merchandise are available online.
- Summer Live Music Series: Desert Shade — 5:30-8 p.m. on the Upper Promenade near Boro Park (8350 Broad St.) — This week’s live music performance at The Boro features the band Desert Shade. RSVP for more information.
- Films in the Park: Hairspray— 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Ave.) — The Mosaic District’s movie series continues with “Hairspray.” The film is rated PG and will run for one hour and 57 minutes. Grab your picnic blanket and join your neighbors at Strawberry Park for a movie night!
Friday (Aug 6)
- Renée Fleming at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Known for her “sumptuous voice, consummate artistry, and compelling stage presence,” award-winning singer Renée Fleming will be coming to Wolf Trap for the first time in 15 years to celebrate Wolf Trap’s 50th anniversary with the National Symphony Orchestra. Tickets are available online.
Saturday (Aug 7)
- Town Clean Up Day — 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at the Vienna Town Green — For the Town of Vienna’s annual August clean up day, volunteers will be assigned a location around town that could use some sprucing up. The event is being coordinated by the parks and recreation department, which will provide supplies and assistance. Participants can pre-register by emailing [email protected], but it is not required.
- Danny Weinkauf and his Red Pants Band at Wolf Trap — 10:30 a.m. at Theatre-in-the-Woods (1551 Trap Road) — Bassist Danny Weinkauf and his Red Pants Band are bringing some family-friendly jams to Wolf Trap. Fan favorites on their new album include “Dinosaurs on Roller Skates” and “Your Love is a Metaphor.” Don’t miss out on the fun by reserving your tickets online ahead of time.
Photo via Danny Weinkauf/Facebook
A man walks a dog outside the Aperture apartments in Reston (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Flags Lowered After Nashville School Shooting — “The U.S., state and county flags are…
Fairfax County is the healthiest county in Virginia, according to the data platform Niche (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County fared well overall in recently released rankings of the…
A concept plan to redevelop the Merrifield at Dunn Loring Station apartments (via Fairfax County) Redevelopment proposals in the Merrifield area will likely get high-priority consideration by Fairfax County planners,…
Fairfax County Public Schools (file photo) Fairfax County high school students will soon have access to free mental health services. Starting April 10, Hazel Health will provide students with weekly…