The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean, and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (July 27)
- Joanie Leeds at Wolf Trap — 11 a.m. at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Grammy Award-winner Joanie Leeds uses her music to celebrate influential women to inspire people of all ages and gender indentieis. Tickets will be sold in socially distanced pods for two to eight people with no single tickets available. Questions can be directed to Wolf Trap’s patron services at 703-255-1868 or [email protected].
Wednesday (July 28)
- Elena Moon Park and Friends at Wolf Trap — 11 a.m. at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Korean-American musician Elena Moon Park and her friends lead the audience around the globe through song. The show is aimed at children, playing music from East and Southeast Asia. Patrons are invited to dance and sing-along on this musical journey.
- Aoife O’Donovan at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Grammy Award-winner Aoife O’Donovan comes to Wolf Trap to share her songwriting talents. She has three solo albums and performs with the supergroup I’m With Her.
Thursday (July 29)
- The War and Treaty at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — The War and Treaty comes to Wolf Trap to perform “a bluesy but joyful fusion of Southern soul, gospel, country, and rock ‘n’ roll.” The husband-and-wife team of Michael Trotter Jr. and Tanya Blount-Trotter look to “create an endlessly exhilarating exchange of energy with their audience.”
- Summer Live Music Series: Practically Einstein — 5:30-8 p.m. on the Upper Promenade near Boro Park (8350 Broad St.) — This week’s live music performance at The Boro features the band Practically Einstein. RSVP for more information.
- Films in the Park: Miracle— 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Ave.) — The Mosaic District’s drive-in movie series continues with “Miracle.” The Disney film about the 1980 U.S. Olympic hockey team is rated PG and will run for two hours and 15 minutes. Grab your picnic blanket and join your neighbors at Strawberry Park for a movie night!
- Concerts in the Park: Big Tow — 7-9 p.m. at Cherry Hill Park (312 Park Ave.) — Local cover band Big Tow will provide the final show of Falls Church’s Concert in the Park series. Email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
Friday (July 30)
- Tysons Block Party — 4-8 p.m. at 8505 Leesburg Pike — Celebrate Fairfax kicks off its 40th celebration event series in Tysons with food, drinks, lawn games, and live entertainment courtesy of musician Shane Gamble. The event is free to the public and will take place rain or shine. There is limited on-site parking, but it is within a half-mile of the Spring Hill Metro station.
- Norm Lewis at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Tony-nominated Norm Lewis will perform a collection of Broadway classics with the National Symphony Orchestra. He will also perform on Saturday. A full list of songs being performed is available on the Wolf Trap website.
Sunday (Aug 1)
- Chamber Music at The Alden: Pianist Thomas Pandolfi — 2 p.m. at The Alden (1234 Ingleside Ave.) — The McLean Community Center and The Alden is hosting Pianist Thomas Pandolfi on Sunday. Since beginning his career at The Julliard School, he has sold out Lincoln Center and the Kennedy Center among others. Buy tickets online and masks are required.
Photo via The War and Treaty/Facebook
A duck takes a bath in Royal Lake near Burke (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The weekend is almost here. Before you double check your Congressional district or head to…
McLean High School physics/astronomy teacher Jeff Brocketti on “Wheel of Fortune” (courtesy Eric McCandless/Wheel of Fortune®/© 2022 Califon Productions, Inc. ARR) McLean High School teacher Jeffrey Brocketti can’t wait to…
> Read the comments…
Lake Audubon from bridge in Reston (photo by Ray Copson) Reminder: Early Voting Begins — “[It’s] the first day to #voteearly in the congressional #midterms! The 8th, 10th & 11th…