The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean, and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (July 19)
- Town of Vienna Offices Closed — The Town of Vienna government offices are closed today, but regular waste pick-up will take place as scheduled.
Tuesday (July 20)
- Inez Barlatier at Wolf Trap— 11 a.m. at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — Inez Barlatier will perform “Ayiti: Stories and Songs from Haiti,” a show geared towards children. The show will tell the stories and folktales of Haitian culture. Tickets will be sold in socially distanced pods for two to eight people with no single tickets available. Questions can be directed to Wolf Trap’s patron services at 703-255-1868 or [email protected].
- Horse Show at Frying Pan Farm Park — 4 p.m. at Frying Pan Farm Park (2739 West Ox Road) — Come participate in a horse show! There are fees to participate, which differ if you are riding in dressage or hunter horse shows. Check out the registration form for more details!
Wednesday (July 21)
- Oran Etkin: Timbalooloo at Wolf Trap — 11 a.m. at the Filene Center — Award-winning clarinetist Oran Etkin travels the globe to make new instrument friends and share a message of friendship and understanding. This event is suggested for ages 2 to 10.
- Amos Lee at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at the Filene Center — Join singer-songwriter Amos Lee for a special solo evening that “knows no musical limits.” This event will take place on Wednesday and Thursday.
Thursday (July 22)
- Summer Live Music Series: Elizabeth & Phil of The Breakaways — 5:30-8 p.m. on the Upper Promenade near Boro Park (8350 Broad St.) — This week’s live music performance at The Boro features acoustic duo, Elizabeth & Phil of The Breakaways. RSVP for more information.
- Films in the Park: Moana — 7:30-9:30 p.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Ave.) — The Mosaic District’s Films in the Park series continues with “Moana.” The Disney film is rated PG and will run for one hour and 47 minutes. Grab your picnic blanket and join your neighbors at Strawberry Park for a movie night!
- Concerts in the Park: Lil’ Maceo — 7-9 p.m. at Cherry Hill Park (312 Park Ave.) — This week, Falls Church’s Concert in the Park features Lil’ Maceo, who is set to bring a funky beat with his saxophone. Email [email protected] with questions or concerns.
Friday (July 23)
- STARias at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at the Filene Center — Celebrating 50 years of Opera at Wolf Trap, some of Wolf Trap’s Opera artists and alumni will perform with the National Symphony Orchestra.
Saturday (July 24)
- Dan + Claudia Zanes with Friends at Wolf Trap — 11 a.m. at the Filene Center — Grammy award-winning artist Dan Zanes and jazz vocalist and music therapist Claudia Zanes will perform a mix of songs including some of Dan’s new songs. This is an interactive show and the audience is invited to dance and sing along.
- Chris Thile at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at Filene Center — Grammy Award-winning mandolinist and singer-songwriter Chris Thile will dazzle the Wolf Trap audience with his distinct American sound for two nights, Saturday and Sunday.
Sunday (July 25)
- Summer Sunday Concert — 5 p.m. at McLean Central Park gazebo (1468 Dolley Madison Blvd.) — Next up in McLean’s Summer Concert Series is Nashville Girls Night Out. Dynamic vocalist Jenny Leigh Miller will perform some county hits!
Photo via Wolf Trap/Facebook
Writs of eviction issued in Fairfax County (courtesy Department of Housing and Community Development) After a recent study showed an uptick in homelessness, Fairfax County staff say that data connects…
The first annual Paws on the Plaza was held in 2022 (courtesy Tysons Corner Center) The dog days are coming early to Tysons this year. Canines will first be unleashed…
The Southern fast-casual chain Chicken Salad Chick has signed a deal to open locations in Fairfax County (courtesy Chicken Salad Chick) A fast-casual chicken salad company is planning a move…
The proposed route and stations for the Route 7 bus rapid transit system in Tysons (via FCDOT) Plans for a Route 7 bus rapid transit (BRT) system in Tysons are…