Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
I saw a guy wearing a “I miss live music” T-shirt last week, and I realized how many things we all took for granted before COVID.
Well, I’m happy to reintroduce you to some “normal” ways of life. There are multiple in-person events around town this summer, so if you’re looking for something new to do, try one of these.
Some tips: Bring lawn chairs or blankets for comfortable seating, check the hosts’ social media for updates on the weather, and pack snacks in case lines are long for food.
- Thursday evenings, 7:30 p.m. through August
- Live, free concert series at Nottoway Park (9537 Courthouse Road, Vienna)
- Download the performance schedule online.
Summer on the Green Concert Series
- Fridays, 6:30 p.m. through mid-August
- Live, free concert series on the Town Green in Vienna (144 Maple Avenue E.)
- See the performance schedule online.
Films in the Park
- Thursday evening through Sept. 2
- Free movies in Strawberry Park (the green in front the of Mosaic Target)
- Find the movie schedule online.
Sunday Concerts in the Park
- Sundays at 5 p.m. through July 25
- Live, free concert series held at the Gazebo at McLean Central Park
- The remaining concerts include The Sensational Soul Cruisers (a tribute to Motown) on July 18 and the Nashville Girls Night Out (country) on July 25.
Prefer to stay inside?
Every Wednesday through Aug. 4, Cinemark in Fairfax has a Summer Movie Clubhouse where kids’ movies are only $1.50 each. The remaining movies in the line-up include “Angry Birds 2,” “Dora and the Lost City of Gold,” “Minions” and “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.”
Bonus: This theater has reclining seats, and they’re spaced out.
The weekend is almost here. Before you peek into the spirit realm or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit recent news from the Tysons area that you…
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation has extended the Oct. 18 deadline for its community survey on proposed changes to bus service in Centreville, Chantilly, Vienna, Tysons, and neighboring areas,…
Portales Aloso waited an hour on Tuesday (Oct. 19) for a Metro train from Reston into D.C. The wait on Wednesday was 20 minutes. He was among countless commuters in…
Luxury electric vehicle manufacturer Lucid Motors passed a crucial step yesterday (Wednesday) toward getting its first service and delivery center in the D.C. area. The company is seeking to open…