Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
I saw a guy wearing a “I miss live music” T-shirt last week, and I realized how many things we all took for granted before COVID.
Well, I’m happy to reintroduce you to some “normal” ways of life. There are multiple in-person events around town this summer, so if you’re looking for something new to do, try one of these.
Some tips: Bring lawn chairs or blankets for comfortable seating, check the hosts’ social media for updates on the weather, and pack snacks in case lines are long for food.
- Thursday evenings, 7:30 p.m. through August
- Live, free concert series at Nottoway Park (9537 Courthouse Road, Vienna)
- Download the performance schedule online.
Summer on the Green Concert Series
- Fridays, 6:30 p.m. through mid-August
- Live, free concert series on the Town Green in Vienna (144 Maple Avenue E.)
- See the performance schedule online.
Films in the Park
- Thursday evening through Sept. 2
- Free movies in Strawberry Park (the green in front the of Mosaic Target)
- Find the movie schedule online.
Sunday Concerts in the Park
- Sundays at 5 p.m. through July 25
- Live, free concert series held at the Gazebo at McLean Central Park
- The remaining concerts include The Sensational Soul Cruisers (a tribute to Motown) on July 18 and the Nashville Girls Night Out (country) on July 25.
Prefer to stay inside?
Every Wednesday through Aug. 4, Cinemark in Fairfax has a Summer Movie Clubhouse where kids’ movies are only $1.50 each. The remaining movies in the line-up include “Angry Birds 2,” “Dora and the Lost City of Gold,” “Minions” and “Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.”
Bonus: This theater has reclining seats, and they’re spaced out.
A tractor-trailer caught fire on I-495 this afternoon (Wednesday), shutting down all southbound lanes at the Route 50 interchange in Merrifield. The fire appears to have sparked right as the…
Judges have named The Mather in Tysons, as the recipient of an Award of Merit for the 2022 Gold Nugget Awards, which honors architectural design and planning excellence from around…
This weekend, McLean got its first Fourth of July fireworks since the COVID-19 pandemic began in 2020 — only no one was around to see them. The McLean Community Center…
Caroline Edasis (left) and Marcy Maler guide Mather residents in Aging Well through vibrant and colorful creative arts programming. This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a…