Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
I’ve been looking for things to do with my kids during spring break that are different and out of the usual. I came across the idea of an ice cream tour through Virginia. I put together a list of some places worthy of a sugar rush:
- The Dairy Godmother — Alexandria
- Jeni’s Ice Cream — Alexandria
- Sugar Mama’s — Fairfax
- Woody’s — Fairfax (They do ice cream dips!)
- Island Creamery — Chincoteague Island
- Moo Thru — Remington (We did this last year after strawberry picking. Pack this one away for the summer if you don’t hit it now.)
- Peterson’s Ice Cream Depot — Clifton
- Great Falls Ice Cream — Great Falls
- Lil City Creamery — Falls Church
Let me know which one was your favorite and what you ordered!
Photo via Woody’s Ice Cream Shop/Facebook
With many restaurants struggling due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a group of McLean residents created a group called McLean Cares to try to help keep their local eateries afloat. Inspired…
(Updated at 2:30 p.m.) The Fairfax County Courthouse is renewing its mask policy once again even as the judicial system tries to inch back to normal amid a backlog of…
This week’s Pet of the Week is Tootsie, a sweet bunny who, though at times is shy, loves being hugged and exploring.
Two Fairfax County organizations have been awarded grants from a national nonprofit aimed at increasing access for food service programs for children and their families. The Falls Church-McLean Children’s Center…