Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
I’ve begun daydreaming again about a night away from home — four new walls to look at, no little humans yelling about Google Meets or being hungry… again.
So here are my suggestions for the best places for a night away. Keep in mind some options are more active with spas, pools, golf courses, fitness options and more while others are just a quiet, tucked-away space to rest and rejuvenate. The recommendations just depend on what type of experience you’re looking for!
Listed in no particular order:
- Salamander Resort & Spa, Middleburg, Virginia — Here you’ll find a spa, restaurants, wineries, an infinity pool, hiking trails, zip lining and, for golf fans, access to the club at Creighton Farms.
- The Inn at Little Washington, Washington, Virginia — Find a top-rated restaurant at The Inn, and the quaint town of Washington is perfect for exploring.
- Inn at Perry Cabin, St. Michaels, Maryland — On the beautiful Chesapeake, Inn at Perry Cabin has a spa, restaurants, pool, fitness center, golf and tennis.
- The Inn at Vaucluse Spring, Stephens City, Virginia — This is a romantic bed and breakfast perched along the Shenandoah Valley.
- Nemacolin Resort, Farmington, Pennsylvania — Nemacolin has many types of lodging, a spa, golf, ax throwing, zip lining and tons of restaurant choices.
- The Omni Homestead, Hot Springs, Virginia — Filled with historic charm, this huge spa features hot springs, a water park, golf and lots of other family-friendly activities.
- The Tides Inn, Irvington, Virginia — Find a spa, wine trail, sailing school, golf and newly redesigned rooms that open today!
- The Greenbrier Resort, White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia — This resort contains a spa, a casino, pool, arcade, bowling and so many other activities to keep you busy!
- Lansdowne Resort, Leesburg, Virginia — Located in historic Leesburg, Lansdowne Resort has a spa, golf course and more.
- Tidewater Inn, Easton, Maryland — Explore the spa, luxury accommodations, historic Easton and Hunters’ Tavern.
If you try one of these places or are familiar with them, please leave a tip for our readers in the comments below!
With many restaurants struggling due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a group of McLean residents created a group called McLean Cares to try to help keep their local eateries afloat. Inspired…
(Updated at 2:30 p.m.) The Fairfax County Courthouse is renewing its mask policy once again even as the judicial system tries to inch back to normal amid a backlog of…
This week’s Pet of the Week is Tootsie, a sweet bunny who, though at times is shy, loves being hugged and exploring.
Two Fairfax County organizations have been awarded grants from a national nonprofit aimed at increasing access for food service programs for children and their families. The Falls Church-McLean Children’s Center…