Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
It’s Beer Consumption Day in America — I mean, it’s Super Bowl Sunday this week! It’s also looking to be a Pandemic Sunday where we get three to five inches of snow in the DMV area.
All of that makes it hard to throw a big Super Bowl party this year, but there are other ways to celebrate. It happens to be one of my favorite days of the year, even as a long-suffering Eagles fan.
As is common in my posts, I’m going to throw out some takeout ideas to save you from cooking:
- Mama Tigre: They have this amazing looking platter available that includes queso, chips, guacamole, spicy masala queso, chicken wings, flautas and more.
- Bear Branch: Wings! Both fried and grilled are available.
- Foster’s Grille: Wings, burgers, fries, onion rings… Order early — they often sell out!
- Caboose Commons or Tavern: Fried pickle chips (so good!), wings and burgers
- Maple Ave: Crème fraîche wings
- Red Apron: One of my favorite local burgers — they have so many great options for watching football.
- Taco Bamba: Their wings! And nachos!! They have a “big game platter” option.
- Fermented Pig: Ribs, chicken, sides… all the barbecue your heart could want.
- Pizza: We are lucky to have so many good pizza options around town. Try Church St, Union Pie (gluten-free options!), Tony’s, Pizza Roni, Santini’s, Luciano or Mod.
Interest in pickleball continues to rise and is sparking conversation about providing adequate courts in Fairfax County. In response to requests for more facilities from pickleball players, the Fairfax County…
(Updated at 9:35 a.m.) More than 200 people in the Falls Church area are currently without power. According to Dominion Energy’s outage map, the power loss has affected 224 customers…
Vice President Praises Local Candle Maker — 11-year-old entrepreneur Alejandro got a boost from Vice President Kamala Harris when she visited the stall that his company Smell of Love Candles…
A volunteer group that describes itself as the “unofficial town council” for the McLean community is getting an encore for its 100-plus years of service. The McLean Citizens Association celebrated…