Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
It’s Beer Consumption Day in America — I mean, it’s Super Bowl Sunday this week! It’s also looking to be a Pandemic Sunday where we get three to five inches of snow in the DMV area.
All of that makes it hard to throw a big Super Bowl party this year, but there are other ways to celebrate. It happens to be one of my favorite days of the year, even as a long-suffering Eagles fan.
As is common in my posts, I’m going to throw out some takeout ideas to save you from cooking:
- Mama Tigre: They have this amazing looking platter available that includes queso, chips, guacamole, spicy masala queso, chicken wings, flautas and more.
- Bear Branch: Wings! Both fried and grilled are available.
- Foster’s Grille: Wings, burgers, fries, onion rings… Order early — they often sell out!
- Caboose Commons or Tavern: Fried pickle chips (so good!), wings and burgers
- Maple Ave: Crème fraîche wings
- Red Apron: One of my favorite local burgers — they have so many great options for watching football.
- Taco Bamba: Their wings! And nachos!! They have a “big game platter” option.
- Fermented Pig: Ribs, chicken, sides… all the barbecue your heart could want.
- Pizza: We are lucky to have so many good pizza options around town. Try Church St, Union Pie (gluten-free options!), Tony’s, Pizza Roni, Santini’s, Luciano or Mod.
The anticipated cost of renovating Patrick Henry Library has escalated in recent years, leading Fairfax County to seek a bigger contribution from the Town of Vienna.
The Vienna Town Council agreed on Monday (Dec. 4) to raise the town’s cap on funding for the new library’s construction to approximately $4.7 million — a $590,000 increase from the previous maximum set in 2020.
New boundaries have been approved for McLean elementary schools to relieve crowding at Kent Gardens (via FCPS) Kent Gardens Elementary School should finally get some substantial capacity relief, starting next…
The Fairfax County School Board will vote next week on $847,000 in funding for security cameras at nine elementary schools. That project is among those that could be funded as…
The National Air and Space Museum’s Udvar Hazy Center in Chantilly at night (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Washington Post Workers Walk Out in Bid for Union Contract — “Unionized journalists…