Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
The Washington Post did an article back in October about safety tips when visiting a playground. They also talked about how important getting outside is for kids during the pandemic. Move their body, get creative, maybe even see other human beings — even if from afar.
I have two boys who need to be moving constantly or they start trying to get stimulation by annoying each other, so I’m a big fan of sending them outside to move. Maybe you’re new to the area, maybe you’re just looking for an escape, but here are some great resources on playgrounds around Northern Virginia:
- A map of playgrounds within 15 minutes of Vienna — created by a very generous Vienna mom. This includes the elementary schools, preschools and public playgrounds.
- Instagram Account: @PlaygroundsofNOVA
- DC Area Moms put together a list of their favorite DMV playgrounds.
- Northern Virginia Magazine wrote up a list of 50 parks.
- If you’re looking more for parks than playgrounds, then try this list from TripSavvy.
If you find a hidden gem we should all know about, please share it in the comments below!
Fairfax County Public Schools bus on the road (file photo) The Fairfax County School Board is moving ahead with its plan to change middle school start times. According to Fairfax…
Casino chips (photo via Chris Liverani on Unsplash) A McLean resident has pleaded guilty to spending federal COVID-19 relief funds intended for his home business on personal expenses, including gambling…
The Indian restaurant Dhoom has opened in Tysons Corner Center (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) A local family with decades of culinary experience unveiled a new restaurant last week that…
The Fairfax County Park Authority wants to know how community members are using its park facilities. The park authority has launched an equity survey, open through Monday, April 1, as…