Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
The Washington Post did an article back in October about safety tips when visiting a playground. They also talked about how important getting outside is for kids during the pandemic. Move their body, get creative, maybe even see other human beings — even if from afar.
I have two boys who need to be moving constantly or they start trying to get stimulation by annoying each other, so I’m a big fan of sending them outside to move. Maybe you’re new to the area, maybe you’re just looking for an escape, but here are some great resources on playgrounds around Northern Virginia:
- A map of playgrounds within 15 minutes of Vienna — created by a very generous Vienna mom. This includes the elementary schools, preschools and public playgrounds.
- Instagram Account: @PlaygroundsofNOVA
- DC Area Moms put together a list of their favorite DMV playgrounds.
- Northern Virginia Magazine wrote up a list of 50 parks.
- If you’re looking more for parks than playgrounds, then try this list from TripSavvy.
If you find a hidden gem we should all know about, please share it in the comments below!
Two days before Thanksgiving, the 29 Diner was decimated by a fire. The next day, owner John K. Wood got back to work. “It was a total loss,” Wood told…
Interest in pickleball continues to rise and is sparking conversation about providing adequate courts in Fairfax County. In response to requests for more facilities from pickleball players, the Fairfax County…
(Updated at 9:35 a.m.) More than 200 people in the Falls Church area are currently without power. According to Dominion Energy’s outage map, the power loss has affected 224 customers…
Vice President Praises Local Candle Maker — 11-year-old entrepreneur Alejandro got a boost from Vice President Kamala Harris when she visited the stall that his company Smell of Love Candles…