Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
Happy New Year!
Those of us with Q1 birthdays are the last to experience a pandemic birthday. I’m trying to remember what we did for my husband’s April birthday, and when I couldn’t remember anything (oops), I decided it was time to give some options to make sure next year I remember.
Everyone still has different levels of comfort, so some of these ideas are really simple and others are more extravagant. Some are great whether you’re an adult or for kids. Remember: Birthdays are also calorie free — so don’t forget about splurging on food!
1. Card My Yard
2. Private Rental
- Angelika — You can watch a current movie or bring your own Blu-Ray or game to watch on the big screen.
- Cinemark (Fairfax) — It has reclining seats. Enough said. Sit back, relax and watch a current movie.
- Reston Ice Skating — You can rent the entire rink for 1 or 2 hours.
- Rent out a restaurant — like Bazin’s Next Door for your “bubble.”
3. Private Class
- Chocolate-tasting/making with River Sea Chocolates
- Cooking class (virtual) with Chef Jonathan Krinn of Clarity or private dining at your house — you have to follow him on Facebook for details.
4. Visit from the Vienna Singing Princesses
5. Visit from the Vienna Police or Vienna Fire Department
- Head to Top Golf.
- Play Oak Marr Mini Golf, or hit the driving range.
- Take a hike.
- Explore a new restaurant.
- Go for a drive.
8. Petting Zoo
Regardless of how you celebrate your birthday or those of your loved ones, wishing you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year with countless birthdays ahead!
A car in the I-66 Express Lanes approaches the Dunn Loring Metro station (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) McLean Woman Sentenced for Fatally Shooting Daughters — “Prosecutors said [Veronica] Youngblood…
It’s going to be a cold and rainy weekend in Fairfax County, thanks to Tropical Storm Ophelia. Tracking to make landfall in North Carolina today (Friday), the storm is expected to reach Northern Virginia tonight.
Alo Yoga is one of three clothing stores to open in Tysons Galleria this September (courtesy Alo Yoga) Tysons Galleria’s commitment to serving up high-end retail continues with the recent…
The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Fairfax County is considering a pilot program to support more murals in its commercial revitalization areas. The pilot program, called Paint…