Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in Vienna. You can follow Laura on Instagram at @LauraSchwartzRealtor or her Facebook page. Laura can be reached at 703-283-6120 or [email protected].
Each year I put together a list of the “must-see” holiday light displays around Vienna.
These vary in offerings from lots of inflatables to light shows choreographed to music. The list changes from year to year as some houses go dark, new ones are added and others scale back.
I took my kids on nightly drives around town to find some of these, but the majority came from the Vienna community when I asked on multiple forums for people to suggest homes. If you are part of the Vienna Virtual Community Page, Vienna Moms or Vienna VA Foodies, I’m sure you saw my post asking for nominations. In return, I promised to put together a map of the houses/streets I thought were ones you should definitely drive by.
My favorites on the map include:
- A Very Grinchy Christmas is located at Walker Street SW/Drake Street SW.
- Oakton Park Court is a small cul-de-sac that’s about 85% decorated with two special homes that went very Clark Griswold! They are also collecting donations to help feed the food insecure through the Vienna VA Foodies group.
- Who doesn’t love ice skating penguins?! Head over to Antioch Circle.
- The “peppermint house” located at Talahi Road SE/Glyndon Street SE has beautiful decorations.
- On Hillington Court, you’ll find two homes with tons of blow-ups and decorations — plus it’s a two for one visit.
- And of course… the Ni Family Lights.
Please make sure you check some of the notes on the points on the map for more details. Some destinations will take longer to visit, like the Ni Family Lights and The Vine Church, so plan accordingly!
If I missed any, please email me at [email protected], and I will add it to the map for others to enjoy. If you’re looking for larger scale light events, don’t forget these:
- Meadowlark Winter Walk of Lights (Note: Advance tickets are required.)
- Bull Run Festival of Lights (Buy tickets online.)
- Leesburg Animal Park Christmas Village (This event is only Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and advance tickets are required.)
You can also find more lights to visit at FairfaxChristmasLights.com. Enjoy!
Behind the Rotunda Condominiums in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Low Interest in Virginia’s Medical Cannabis Program — “A new study that takes a close look at Virginia’s medical…
Sugar plum fairies are getting ready to descend on Fairfax County, which will host multiple productions of Pytor Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” this holiday season. The 131-year-old ballet, now a Christmastime…
The Fairfax County Government Center (file photo) Anticipating slow growth in the real estate tax base and only a modest increase in general fund revenues, local officials are preparing for…
Enchiladas de la Casa from Ometeo, a Tex-Mex restaurant coming to Capital One Center in Tysons (photo by An-Phuong Ly) A new restaurant is getting ready to open at Capital…