The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (Nov. 23)
- Monday Game Challenge (Online) — 3:30-6:30 p.m. — During this event hosted by the McLean Community Center, participants will play Call of Duty: Warzone. To register, use this link.
Tuesday (Nov. 24)
- #WhereIsSanta Scavenger Hunt — 12 p.m. in Vienna — The Town of Vienna launches a weekly scavenger hunt today. Clues to Santa’s location will be posted to the Town’s Facebook page at noon every Tuesday until Dec. 22. Participants will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card if they take a photo with Santa and share it on social media, tagging @TownofViennaVa and #WhereisSanta.
Wednesday (Nov. 25)
- Thanksgiving Wine Tasting — 12-4 p.m. at The Wine Outlet of McLean (6727 Curran St.) — Taste Thanksgiving wines while supporting the Rotary Club of Tysons Corner, the website said. The cost is $15 per person. Each 30-minute session is limited to 10 people. To register for one of the 30-minute time slots, use this link.
Friday (Nov. 27)
- Mary Chapin Carpenter: One Night Lonely (Online) — 8-11 p.m. — Wolf Trap will stream a recording of the singer performing solo with no audience at the Filene Center. You can buy tickets, which start at $20, through Wolf Trap’s website.
- The Grinch’s Grotto — 12-8 p.m. at Tysons Corner Center — Starting today through Dec. 31, families can reserve private meet-and-greet sessions with the Grinch at Tysons Corner Center. Tickets cost $50 for general admission or $200 for the VIP experience. One ticket covers admission for up to five people, and visitors are asked to arrive 15 minutes ahead of their scheduled time due to COVID-19 guidelines.
Saturday (Nov. 28)
- Christmas Tree Sales — 10 a.m.-7 p.m. on weekends, 4-8 p.m. on weekdays at the corner of Maple Avenue and Branch Road — The Optimist Club of Greater Vienna will start selling Christmas trees, wreaths, tree stands, and roping this weekend. Sales fund awards, scholarships, and other honors for local students.
Photo via Wine Outlet/Facebook
COVID-19 cases are still on the upswing, but for the first time in 16 months, the Fairfax Health District did not lose a single person in the past week to…
Poll: This week, your Neighborhood Expert wants to hear from you. What topics would you like to see covered here?
The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area. We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna,…
Another piece of the massive Scotts Run development taking shape near the McLean Metro station has fallen into place. The real estate developer LMC announced on Thursday (July 29) that…