The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (Oct. 27)
- Tuesday Morning Book Club (Online) — 0:30-11:30 a.m. — The Tuesday Morning Book Club meets every six weeks starting this September through next June. Discussing The Poet’s Girl: A Novel of Emily Hale and T.S. Eliot by Sara Fitzgerald, the group will meet via Zoom. Email Catherine Wilson, [email protected], to request the Zoom link
- Great Books Discussion (Online) — “Great Books” Book Club meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of most months. The group will discuss In the Penal Colony by Franz Kafkameet via Zoom. Email Marshall Webster, [email protected], to request the Zoom link.
Thursday (Oct. 29)
- Falls Church Amateur Writers Group (Online) — 7-8 p.m. — A group for aspiring writers, the website said. Discussing and offering constructive criticism for each other’s work, the group will meet via Zoom. Email Pete Sullivan, [email protected], to request the Zoom link.
Friday (Oct. 30)
- Halloween Drive-Up Movie Night — 6 p.m. at Lerner Town Square at Tysons II (8025 Galleria Drive) — With its showings of Scooby Doo: Stage Fright and Beetlejuice, the Greater D.C./Virginia Chapter of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is raising money for the 3.1 million Americans fighting inflammatory bowel disease, the website said. Tickets range from $15-125. To purchase tickets, use this link.
Saturday (Oct. 31)
- Halloween Wave Parade — 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at all Town of Vienna quadrants — In order not to gather the usual ghoulish crowd for this beloved event, the Town is taking 10-15 floats in the way of a Halloween Wave Parade through Vienna neighborhoods, the website said.
- Halloween Craft Popups — 10 a.m.-3:15 p.m. — Enjoy pumpkin painting, birdhouse painting, or scarecrow-making at three different City of Falls Church parks, the website said.
- Pumpkin Painting Popup — 10 a.m.-3:15 p.m. at Cherry Hill Park (312 Park Ave.) — The cost is $6. To register, use this link.
- Birdhouse Painting — 10 a.m.-3:15 p.m. at Berman Park Picnic Shelter (236 Irving St.) — The cost is $4. To register, use this link.
- Scarecrow Making — 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at Frady Park Gazebo (311 E. Broad St.) — The cost is $10 per family. To register, use this link.
- Hocus Pocus Halloween: Back to the 90s — 7 p.m. at Jammin Java (227 Maple Ave. E.) — Free, outdoor, socially distant Halloween concert and costume part, the website said. This event is open to all ages.
Photo by Michelle Goldchain
Pickleball players at Lewinsville Park in McLean (courtesy Fairfax County Park Authority/Flickr) Pickleball players at McLean’s Lewinsville Park will soon no longer have to contend with wind gusts. The Fairfax…
A girl holds a book at last year’s reopening of the Lorton Library, one of two hosts of the inaugural Children’s Summer Reading Festival (courtesy Fairfax County Public Library) Fairfax…
Chesterbrook United Methodist Church and Montessori School of McLean share a building at 1711 Kirby Road in McLean (via Google Maps) The Montessori School of McLean is on track to…
The West Falls Church Metro station is one of four that will close for about three weeks, starting tomorrow (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The last train out of the…