Newsletter

House Fire in Idylwood Area Displaces Four Residents

Four people are displaced following a fire at their home in the Idylwood area last week.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue said that the fire started around 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday (May 27) in the 7100 block of Shreve Road.

“Units arrived on the scene of a two-story, single-family home with smoke showing from the roof,” the fire department said. “Crews located a fire on the first floor and quickly extinguished.”

The four people at the house reported the fire after smelling smoke and seeing flames in the laundry room, the fire department said.

The people accepted Red Cross assistance after being displaced because of the fire, which caused roughly $37,500 worth of damages, the fire department said.

The fire department is still investigating what started the fire in the first-floor laundry room, adding that no injuries to civilians nor firefighters have been reported.

Photo courtesy of M. Clarke

Recent Stories

A tractor-trailer caught fire on I-495 this afternoon (Wednesday), shutting down all southbound lanes at the Route 50 interchange in Merrifield. The fire appears to have sparked right as the…

Judges have named The Mather in Tysons, as the recipient of an Award of Merit for the 2022 Gold Nugget Awards, which honors architectural design and planning excellence from around…

This weekend, McLean got its first Fourth of July fireworks since the COVID-19 pandemic began in 2020 — only no one was around to see them. The McLean Community Center…

Caroline Edasis (left) and Marcy Maler guide Mather residents in Aging Well through vibrant and colorful creative arts programming. This biweekly column is sponsored by The Mather in Tysons, Virginia, a…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list