The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tysons Corner Center is working with community members to help those in need by providing an &pizza meal to healthcare workers. Anyone who wants to sponsor a healthcare worker by providing a meal can text #FEEDTHEM to 200-03, the page said.
Those seeking live entertainment can choose to check out 1st Stage Theatre’s Facebook page, where the arts organization posts videos of its talented cast members posting videos of them performing various songs and acts.
Tuesday (May 19)
- Stuff the Bus — People can drop off non-perishable goods to help community members in need at both the James Lee Community Center (2855 Annandale Road) Falls Church and the Patrick Henry Library (101 Maple Ave E.) in Vienna from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Virtual Mystery Fiction Book Group — At 7 p.m. people can join a virtual conversation about “My Sister, the Serial Killer: A Novel.” People must pre-register online to receive the link. This event is hosted by One More Page Books.
Thursday (May 21)
- Virtual Coffee Networking with Professionals — From 7:30-9 a.m. people can join a networking call on the topic of commercial real estate. People may preregister before the event to receive the link.
- Bourbon, Beer and BBQ takeout event — Caboose Brewing is hosting an event featuring beer and barbeque. People can preorder online and then pick up the food from 4-7 p.m. Lost Whiskey will also be offering bottles for sale at the event.
- Remote Working Webinar — From noon to 1 p.m. the Tysons Chamber of Commerce is hosting a remote event to help people think about the future of working from home. This event is free and open to the public. People should register to receive a link.
Saturday (May 23)
- Performers in Quarantine — Starting at 2 p.m. 1st Stage Theatre will hold one of its community conversations via Zoom with performances by actors in the upcoming show “The Nance share.” The actors will share what their creative experiences have been like during the pandemic.
Photo courtesy Caboose Commons
A Falls Church man has been arrested in connection to a sexual assault at the Quarry Inn Motel (7179 Lee Highway) in September. Erick Vladamir Chacon Martinez, 23, was taken…
Boaters and geese can be seen in the distance on Lake Accotink (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The best path forward for saving Lake Accotink might to let it shrink,…
Tysons Galleria has lost another dining option.
Jiwa Singapura, which sought to blend Singaporean street food with a “high-end” setting, closed its doors on Monday, Dec. 4 after less than 10 months of operations.
A vehicle passes 1676 International, an office building in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Justice HS Student Dies From Drug Overdose — “Officials notified the community of the fatal…