Announced yesterday (Monday), the nominees for several categories include restaurants in Tysons, Vienna, the Mosaic District and Falls Church.
Here are the nominations for local restaurants:
- Manager of the Year: Bethany Wagener of Alta Strada in the Mosaic District and Rizza Leguro of Founding Farmers Tysons
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Katherine Thompson of Thompson Italian
- Wine Program of the Year: Vienna’s Clarity
- Beer Program of the Year: B Side in the Mosaic District and Caboose Brewing Company in Vienna
- Restaurateur of the Year: Mark Fedorchak, Stephen Fedorchak and Brian Normile of The Liberty Tavern Group, which manages Northside Social in Falls Church, and Victor Albisu and Poca Madre of Taco Bamba Taqueria — a local chain with locations in Falls Church and Vienna
So far, the winners are expected to be announced at the awards gala in D.C. on July 26, but coronavirus-prompted closures and restrictions could alter the date.
“RAMW is considering an unspecified date later in the year with its partners at Events DC,” according to the announcement.
Congrats to the local nominees!
Photo via Thompson Italian/Facebook