Announced yesterday (Monday), the nominees for several categories include restaurants in Tysons, Vienna, the Mosaic District and Falls Church.
Here are the nominations for local restaurants:
- Manager of the Year: Bethany Wagener of Alta Strada in the Mosaic District and Rizza Leguro of Founding Farmers Tysons
- Pastry Chef of the Year: Katherine Thompson of Thompson Italian
- Wine Program of the Year: Vienna’s Clarity
- Beer Program of the Year: B Side in the Mosaic District and Caboose Brewing Company in Vienna
- Restaurateur of the Year: Mark Fedorchak, Stephen Fedorchak and Brian Normile of The Liberty Tavern Group, which manages Northside Social in Falls Church, and Victor Albisu and Poca Madre of Taco Bamba Taqueria — a local chain with locations in Falls Church and Vienna
So far, the winners are expected to be announced at the awards gala in D.C. on July 26, but coronavirus-prompted closures and restrictions could alter the date.
“RAMW is considering an unspecified date later in the year with its partners at Events DC,” according to the announcement.
Congrats to the local nominees!
Photo via Thompson Italian/Facebook
Part of the “Sun Boat” sculpture at Lake Anne Plaza in Reston (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) IRS to Roll Out Free Tax Filing Website — “The IRS’s new Direct…
Fairfax Connector workers have launched a strike after months of negotiations for a new labor contract with Transdev, the company that operates Fairfax County’s bus service. The bus system suspended all service, starting at 9 a.m.
ShowPlace Icon Theatre at The Boro in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The 96th Academy Awards are just under a month away, which means there’s still time to catch…
(Updated at 2:30 a.m. on 2/22/2024) A Pakistani fashion company will soon leave its first footprint in the U.S. with the unveiling of a new Tysons store. Khaadi is set…