The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Wednesday (March 4)
- Wellness Wednesday — 4 to 7 p.m. at LATHER Fairfax (2910 District Ave) — This event lets people enjoy a drink while making a quartz crystal intention necklace. Registration is limited and people can RSVP online.
Thursday (March 5)
- Beyond the Beltway 2020 — 7 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner (1700 Tysons Boulevard) — Attendees at this conference will get to hear from over a dozen speakers on topics including development, government spending, public safety and similar topics. Registration is $645 for non-members.
- Raise Her Voice — Untold Stories of Women in the Workplace — noon to 2 p.m. at Maggiano’s Little Italy at Tysons Galleria (2001 International Drive) — To celebrate International Women’s Day, Maggiano’s is hosting a brunch where people can hear stories about women who have succeeded in the workplace and overcome obstacles. Tickets run for about $36. Speakers will include women in leadership from companies around Tysons.
Friday (March 6)
- Tysons Library Friends Quarterly Book & Media Sale — 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. at Tysons Pimmit Regional Library (7584 Leesburg Pike) — People will have the chance to score deals on books and beef up their book collection. All books are under $5 and some are going to sell for less than $1. This event is taking place until Sunday (March 8).
- Almost Queen — 7 to 9 p.m. at The State Theatre (220 N. Washington Street) — This four-person group wants to foster a love for Queen with covers from the original band. Advanced tickets are $25.
Saturday (March 7)
- Capital Princess Ball — 6 to 10 p.m. at Westwood Country Club (800 Maple Avenue E.) — This father-daughter dance is a charity function supporting adoptions and foster care. A pair of tickets cost $250 and include a buffet dinner.
Sunday (March 8)
- Landscape Photography Workshop — 9 to 11 a.m. at REI Tysons (8209 Watson Street) — All skill levels are invited to this workshop that teaches people photography basics. Tickets are $35 for non-members and all cameras, phones and devices are welcome.
- QuinTango Concert — 8 to 11 p.m. at 1st Stage (1524 Spring Hill Road) — Fans of live music can gather to enjoy a tango quintet performance. Danging is encouraged and champagne will be served. Tickets are $25 -$30.
Photo via QuinTango Concert/Facebook