The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Wednesday (Feb. 5)
- Tanya Tucker — 7:30 p.m. at The Barns at Wolf Trap (1635 Trap Road) — Tanya Tucker is known for her country style, according to Vist Fairfax, and has been nominated for several Grammy Awards. Guests can enjoy her music for an evening at this upcoming live performance. Tickets start at $47.
Thursday (Feb. 6)
- Meditation Class — 8:30-9:30 a.m. at EKOE Health (254 N. Washington Street) — Women are invited to take part in a meditation session that will help them unwind and work on their breath. Comfortable clothes are encouraged. Admission is $25 and all experience levels are welcome.
Saturday (Feb. 8)
- Kojam Productions’ Tysons Camp Fair — 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Fashion Court in Tysons Corner Center (1961 Chain Bridge Road) — This event invites people to check out options for extracurricular summer activities. Representatives from multiple groups will be on-site to answer questions and the event page states it is the area’s biggest camp-related event. Admission is free and open to all.
- Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana — 7 p.m. at The Alden, McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Avenue) — This one-time performance from the New York-based troop allows people to experience the newest production by Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana. General Admission tickets are $40, but discounts are available.
Sunday (Feb. 9)
- Women’s Club Fundraiser — 3-5 p.m. at Chain Bridge Cellars (1351 Chain Bridge Road) — Attendees over the age of 21 will have the chance to sample a variety of wines while benefiting the Dominion Women’s Club. Tickets are $20 and can be purchased online.
- NOVA Central Farm Markets — 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at George C. Marshall High School (7731 Leesburg Pike) — This farmers market invites people to stock up with fresh goods such as bread, produce and possibly meats. It is one of the few farmers markets available in the area year-round.
- Cookie Decorating — 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Botanologica (817 W. Broad Street) — Attendees can learn how to work with wet icing in this interactive workshop. People will walk away with six cookies and all materials will be supplied by the hosts. Tickets are $85. No experience is needed for this three-hour class.
Photo courtesy McLean Community Center
The Foster Glen townhomes in Oak Hill are the only development in Fairfax County currently selling workforce dwelling units at 120% AMI (via Google Maps) In the future, people who…
Fairfax County police have arrested two men who allegedly broke into a house in the McLean area earlier this week and robbed and assaulted its residents at gunpoint.
Kilmer Middle School in Tysons has stepped up the presence of its security team today (Friday) in response to an alleged threat of gun violence heard during a fight.
In a message sent to parents at 3:10 p.m. yesterday (Thursday), principal Steven McFarlane said the school had been “made aware of an alleged threat of gun violence that was overheard by students during a fight” that afternoon.
Behind the Rotunda Condominiums in Tysons (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Low Interest in Virginia’s Medical Cannabis Program — “A new study that takes a close look at Virginia’s medical…