Oil Furnace Sparks Service Station Fire in Falls Church

Fire department officials say a fire at the Shell gas station in the Falls Church area started by accident in the attic.

The fire broke out yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon at 6519 Arlington Blvd.

“Owner observed smoke in attic and called 911,” Fairfax County Fire and Rescue tweeted today (Wednesday).

A malfunction in the oil furnace caused the fire, according to the fire department.

No injuries have been reported and fire caused $10,000 worth of damage, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue said.

Photos via Fairfax County Fire and Rescue/Twitter

Recent Stories

The anticipated cost of renovating Patrick Henry Library has escalated in recent years, leading Fairfax County to seek a bigger contribution from the Town of Vienna.

The Vienna Town Council agreed on Monday (Dec. 4) to raise the town’s cap on funding for the new library’s construction to approximately $4.7 million — a $590,000 increase from the previous maximum set in 2020.

New boundaries have been approved for McLean elementary schools to relieve crowding at Kent Gardens (via FCPS) Kent Gardens Elementary School should finally get some substantial capacity relief, starting next…

The Fairfax County School Board will vote next week on $847,000 in funding for security cameras at nine elementary schools. That project is among those that could be funded as…

Morning Notes

The National Air and Space Museum’s Udvar Hazy Center in Chantilly at night (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Washington Post Workers Walk Out in Bid for Union Contract — “Unionized journalists…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list