The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Wednesday (Jan. 15)
- VSA Teas’n You Fundraiser — 11 a.m. until 9 p.m. at Teas’n You (8032 Leesburg Pike) — Proceeds from this fundraiser will benefit the Vietnamese Student Association at Virginia Tech. Anyone who stops by for bubble tea or a snack can show the event page or mention the VSA to donate a section of their purchase to the group.
- Floral Arrangement Class — 7-9 p.m. at Northside Social (205 Park Avenue) — Galleria Florist will host a sip and design class taught by Alisa Rabinovich. People will learn to make a table arrangement. The class cost is $60 and includes a glass of wine.
Thursday (Jan. 16)
- Non-Obvious Book Launch — 7-9 p.m. at La Sandia (7852 Tysons Corner Center) — Rohit Bhargava will release the next book in his series at this event. People are encouraged to wear yellow in support of the author and to celebrate his birthday, which happens to be on the day of the event. Tickets range in price from free to $79, which includes signed copies and other swag.
- Penny University: Preparing to Travel to Iceland — 7-8 p.m. at Caffe Amouri Coffee Roaster (107 Church Street NE) — People planning a trip to Iceland are welcome to join for a conversation that helps them prepare a packing list for their upcoming trip. Staff from REI will be at the event assisting anyone with questions. This event is free and people can RSVP for a spot.
Friday (Jan. 17)
- Bailen at Wolf Trap — 8 p.m. at The Barns (1635 Trap Road) — The group blends together folk-rock with pop influences to earn a spot on Sofar Sounds’ 2018 artist watch list. Tickets start at $22.
Saturday (Jan. 18)
- Be Fit McLean –– 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Avenue) — This event brings together exhibitors from around the area and will teach community members how to lead a more healthy life and incorporate dance, fitness, mental health and better eating habits into their daily routine. This event is free.
- Free Kettle Bell Class — noon to 1 p.m. at Functional Fitness (350 S. Washington Street) — Every Saturday in January, Functional Fitness is hosting a free class for community members in order to promote wellness and allow people to try out the multi-functional workout.
Image via Bailen/Facebook
A walking path into the Fairfax County Park Authority’s Ellanor C. Lawrence Park in Chantilly (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) The Fairfax County Park Authority is seeking roughly $8 million…
An upcoming bar and restaurant hopes to turn the Dunn Loring Metro station into a hopping place. On track to open in late October next to Quickway, The Casual Pint…
Kaiser Permanente’s Springfield Medical Center (via Google Maps) More than 75,000 workers at health care giant Kaiser Permanente are set to strike on Wednesday. The Coalition of Kaiser Permanente Unions’…
Vienna Oktoberfest will return this Saturday, Oct. 7 (courtesy Vienna Business Association) Coming on the heels of celebrations in Tysons, Oktoberfest is set for a raucous return to the Town…