The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Monday (Jan. 6)
- Daf Circle — 7:30 to 9 p.m. at the Iranian-American Community Center (2236 C Gallows Road) — People from around the community are invited to come and make drum music with friends and other community members — no previous skill required. A $10 cash entry fee will be collected at the door.
Thursday (Jan. 9)
- Fall Church Chamber Networking Breakfast — 8 to 9 a.m. at Original Pancake House (7395 Lee Hwy) — This event invites anyone interested in the Falls Church Chamber of Commerce to attend this meet and greet. No registration is required but attendees are expected to pay for their own meals.
Friday (Jan. 10)
- Dining in the Dark — 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Greenhouse (2070 Chainbridge Road) — Ever wonder what it is like to remove one of your senses and let the others take control? At this event, you will be blindfolded by a waiter who will serve you a four-course meal along with a wine pairing for $99 while a DJ plays music.
- Vision Board Workshop — 6 to 8 p.m. at BRAWS Office (114 Courthouse Road SW) — This event will teach attendees how to put together a vision board and help people design what they want their lives to look like. A $10 donation is suggested to benefit Bringing Resources to Women’s Shelters. Snacks, wine and supplies will be included. All are welcome.
- “(the) unRuly TheaTre pRojecT” — 6 to 8 p.m. at Bards Alley (110 Church Street NW) — This teen improv group will perform a free show for the public. No RSVP is required. “These talented teens make up the show as they go along, so that each show is completely new and hilarious,” according to the Facebook page.
Saturday (Jan. 11)
- Children’s Clothing and Toy Swap — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at St. Philip Catholic Church (7500 St. Phillips Court) — People are invited to gather at Hayden Hall and either donate or swap gently used or new items for kids. All items not claimed at the end of the event will be donated to families in need. The event will also accept bedding, strollers and bouncy swings.
- Resolution Buster Bash — 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. at Settle Down Easy Brewing (2822 Fallfax Drive) — To celebrate the release of its new hard seltzer water, the brewery is hosting a party. The first 50 people to attend will receive a free pint glass with $1 off refills all day. There will also be food and various beer specials.
Sunday (Jan. 12)
- Ski and Snowboard Waxing Workshop — 9 to 11 a.m. at REI (8209 Watson Street) — This winter, people can learn how to make their rides down the mountain go more smoothly with regular waxings. No prior experience is needed. This workshop is free and open to all.
- Dog Adoption Event — noon to 3 p.m. at Chico’s Natural Pet Market (6349 Columbia Pike) — Anyone interested in adopting a furry friend can stop by to meet new friends in need of a home. Volunteers will be available to ask questions and the shelter is also looking for foster homes. This event is free and open to the public.
Image via Facebook
A sidewalk is coming to Vienna’s Alma Street SE, whether the residents there want it or not. Construction to add about 1,500 linear feet of concrete, curb and gutter, driveway…
The FCPD reported an overall drop in crime last year compared to 2020, though there was an uptick in homicides. It’s unclear when staffing will resume to normal operations, according…
Looking up at Tysons Tower outside Tysons Corner Center (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Route 7 Traffic Shift Starts Today — “During the daytime hours on Aug. 11 and the…
An ongoing thunderstorm has taken out power for hundreds of Fairfax County residents, as the threat of flash flooding looms. The National Weather Service has issued a Flash Flood Warning…