Tysons, VA

A fire that broke out in a commercial building in the Town of Vienna earlier this week resulted in thousands of dollars of damage.

Firefighters responded to the fire around 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday (Dec. 4) in the 500 block of Mill Street NE, according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue.

More from the fire department:

Units arrived on scene of a one-story commercial building and reported fire visible from within the structure. Crews quickly extinguished the fire. No firefighter or civilian injuries were reported.

An occupant of the business next door could smell smoke. The occupant saw smoke coming from the roll-up bay door at the front of the business and called 9-1-1. No occupants were present in the business when the fire occurred. No smoke alarms were present.

Fire investigators determined that the fire started by accident inside the front door of the retail sales area after “an electrical event in a hot/cold water cooler.”

The fire did not displace anyone and caused damages worth approximately $11,000, according to the fire department.

Images via Fairfax County Fire and Rescue 

×

Subscribe to our mailing list