Columbus Day — also known as “Indigenous Peoples’ Day” in some areas — is coming up on Monday (Oct. 14).
For people staying in the Tysons area, some government facilities will be closed and public transit options will be operating on modified schedules.
Tysons Reporter has rounded up a list of public services that will be affected by the upcoming holiday on Monday.
- All county offices, schools and libraries will be closed.
- The Circuit and General District Courts will be closed.
- The Fairfax Connector will operate on a Holiday Weekday Service where certain routes will run every 12-15 minutes.
- United States Postal Service offices will be closed.
- The Vienna Community Center will have reduced hours from 10 a.m. until 10:30 p.m.
- The Town of Vienna’s government offices will be closed.
- The McLean Community Center will be closed.
- The Old Firehouse will be open.
- The City of Falls Church’s government offices and buildings will be closed.
- The Mary Riley Styles Public Library will be closed.
- Falls Church Community Center (223 Little Falls Street) will be open from 8:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
The City of Falls Church and the Town of Vienna recognize Oct. 14, 2019 as “Indigenous Peoples’ Day.”
“Celebrating the two holidays on the same day is a way to inform our understanding of each group’s contributions to our national fabric without demeaning the significance of either,” according to a Falls Church press release.
Speaking of closures, Tysons Reporter will be taking a break as well on Monday.
Fairfax County’s COVID-19 case levels remain well below the worst days of the pandemic, but their rapid rise over the past month is enough to set off alarm bells, threatening…
61-year-old Falls Church resident Jose Matias Monjaras is the latest pedestrian killed in a vehicle crash in Fairfax County, the police department announced today (Monday). The crash occurred at 11:05…
If you’re interested in investing in real estate in Northern Virginia right now, your Neighborhood Expert shares some invaluable advice.
The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area. We’ve searched the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna,…