Newsletter

Vienna Fire Displaces Four Residents, Causes Damage Worth $125,000

A fire that broke out in a Vienna home caused roughly $125,000 worth of damage and displaced four residents, the fire department said.

Fire investigators have determined a malfunctioning space heater ignited combustible items, causing the accidental home fire in the 400 block of Old Courthouse Road, according to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue.

“A Vienna police officer was patrolling the area and noticed smoke pushing out of a basement window and notified Vienna [Police Department] dispatch,” the fire department said.

Firefighters responded around 2 p.m. on Sunday, July 28, and “quickly extinguished” the fire in the basement in a two-story, single-family home.

No firefighter or civilian injuries were reported. Four residents were offered Red Cross assistance, which they declined.

Photo via Fairfax County Fire and Rescue/Twitter

Recent Stories

The Fairfax County Park Authority has officially opened the door for an arts building at Clemyjontri Park in McLean. The park authority board voted unanimously on Jan. 12 to revise…

Morning Notes

Metro Leader to Step Down — “After more than six years leading the D.C. region’s transit agency…Metro General Manager and Chief Executive Officer Paul Wiedefeld is retiring. Wiedefeld, 66, will…

Sisters Thai is coming to Capital One Center. Distinguished by interiors designed to evoke cozy living rooms, the restaurant chain has leased 5,029 square feet of space at 7730 Capital…

Fairfax County COVID-19 cases over the past 180 days as of Jan. 18, 2022 (via Virginia Department of Health) The peak of this winter’s omicron variant surge might be in…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list