Laura Schwartz is a licensed Realtor in VA, D.C. and MD with McEnearney Associates in McLean. Reach the office at 703-790-9090.
So maybe the Vienna Dad’s group didn’t take off, or the non-existent McLean Dad’s group is a bust. How else are adults suppose to make new friends while getting some exercise? Join an adult league for sports!
Imagine creating your team name, a new t-shirt with your favorite nickname on it, getting embarrassed as you pull a muscle the first time you go to run (oh wait, that’s not supposed to happen), and then you go grab some beers and joke around with new (or old) friends.
Grab your friends and join one of these teams:
- Fairfax Adult Softball — Men’s or Co-Ed Softball
- FXA Sports — Men’s and Co-Ed Softball (They also have Spikeball, Bocce, Lacrosse, Ultimate Frisbee and Basketball)
- Golden Girls — Softball for Women 40 or older
- Northern Virginia Senior Softball — Slow pitch softball for Men 50 and up and Women 40 and up
- Legends Sports League — Baseball for ages 19 or older
Softball/Baseball not your thing? What about a bowling or basketball league?