The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (July 23)
- “Rahman 1400” — 8-10 p.m. at Angelika Film Center (2911 District Avenue) — The 2019 comedy follows the story of a custodian of a company who, after being told by his doctor that he will die soon, decides to help his friend inherit some money. Tickets are $10-$15.
Wednesday (July 24)
- Gallery Night at Caboose Commons — 6-9 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) — Work from local artists will be on display. Gallery Night is a once-a-month event.
Friday (July 26)
- “Seussical“ — 7:30 p.m. at the McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Avenue) — The musical about beloved Dr. Seuss characters hits the stage in McLean. Tickets are currently half off from $28 to $14.
Saturday (July 27)
- Cartoons and Coffee — 9-11 a.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Avenue) — The recurring event until September involves free cartoons at the Mosaic District’s park.
- Cajun Seafood Boil — 1-4 p.m. at the Vienna Moose Lodge (9616 Courthouse Road) — The event will include all-you-can-eat crawfish, shrimp, andouille sausage, corn and potatoes. Tickets start at $25.
- “Disney Pixar’s ‘Coco’: In Concert Live to Film” — 8:30 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — The National Symphony Orchestra will play the music for the film while it’s projected onto a large screen. Tickets start at $40.
Sunday (July 28)
- Reba McEntire — 8 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — The Grammy-winning country artist is set to hit the stage at Wolf Trap. Tickets start at $45.
Image via Vienna Moose Lodge/Facebook
Tysons residents will soon get to shape the plan for Fairfax County’s community center in the upcoming Dominion Square West housing development. The county’s Department of Neighborhood and Community Services…
Reston Museum walking tours start at the museum and explore the Lake Anne area Step back in time! Join a Reston Museum docent on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. for a…
A Maryland driver has been arrested after leading police on an extended chase down the Capital Beltway yesterday (Monday) that crossed state lines and ended with a car flip in…
More than two years into the pandemic, Fairfax County is settling into a more stable approach to COVID-19 testing. The Fairfax County Health Department will now support free testing at…