The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (July 23)
- “Rahman 1400” — 8-10 p.m. at Angelika Film Center (2911 District Avenue) — The 2019 comedy follows the story of a custodian of a company who, after being told by his doctor that he will die soon, decides to help his friend inherit some money. Tickets are $10-$15.
Wednesday (July 24)
- Gallery Night at Caboose Commons — 6-9 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) — Work from local artists will be on display. Gallery Night is a once-a-month event.
Friday (July 26)
- “Seussical“ — 7:30 p.m. at the McLean Community Center (1234 Ingleside Avenue) — The musical about beloved Dr. Seuss characters hits the stage in McLean. Tickets are currently half off from $28 to $14.
Saturday (July 27)
- Cartoons and Coffee — 9-11 a.m. at Strawberry Park (2910 District Avenue) — The recurring event until September involves free cartoons at the Mosaic District’s park.
- Cajun Seafood Boil — 1-4 p.m. at the Vienna Moose Lodge (9616 Courthouse Road) — The event will include all-you-can-eat crawfish, shrimp, andouille sausage, corn and potatoes. Tickets start at $25.
- “Disney Pixar’s ‘Coco’: In Concert Live to Film” — 8:30 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — The National Symphony Orchestra will play the music for the film while it’s projected onto a large screen. Tickets start at $40.
Sunday (July 28)
- Reba McEntire — 8 p.m. at Wolf Trap (1551 Trap Road) — The Grammy-winning country artist is set to hit the stage at Wolf Trap. Tickets start at $45.
Image via Vienna Moose Lodge/Facebook
A solar panel array has been proposed on the future HITT Contracting headquarters building at Virginia Tech’s Idylwood campus (via Fairfax County) A massive array of solar panels could provide…
The Fairfax County Government Center building (staff photo by David Taube) Local officials are already preparing for “one of the most challenging” budget talks in years due to inflation, the…
Jason’s Deli will close its Idylwood Plaza location in December (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Jason’s Deli will close up shop for good next month after more than a decade…
Wolftrap Creek in fall (staff photo by Angela Woolsey) Route 7 Lane Shift in Reston Starts Today — “On or about Tuesday, Nov. 29, the right-turn lane from eastbound Route…
Chris Green is one of the DMV’s finest fitness instructors. A Lululemon and South Block ambassador, he is a coach and mentor to so many. He embodies grace, positivity and motivation in ways that no one else can. If we could all learn a thing or two from him, the world would be a much better place. He does so much for others, and does so with a smile on his face 99% of the time.
He recently ruptured his Achilles and has an incredibly long and tough journey ahead. As if COVID hadn’t impacted fitness professionals enough, throw this in the mix and it’s a double, even triple whammy. CG is no longer able to work and do what he loves for the time being because of this and we’d love your support.
The Rhea Baker State Farm Agency is proud to support Shelter House in providing safe places to be during quarantine. Shelter House’s mission is to prevent and end homelessness and domestic violence. Right now they are providing over 200 hotel rooms to those in need in our community. In the past year, across all programs, Shelter House served nearly 500 households comprised of over 1,500 individuals, 60% of which were children.
Of the households that exited shelter, over 70% moved to permanent housing. The Baker Agency has served Vienna and Tysons residents and business owners since 2007 and proudly offers insurance solutions for you home, condo, auto insurance, life insurance and more. We offer complimentary reviews and coach teen drivers to safer, better drivers, and to help keep your auto insurance rates down! We are always happy to talk or text at 703-847-6880.