The Weekly Planner is a roundup of interesting events coming up over the next week in the Tysons area.
We’ve scoured the web for events of note in Tysons, Vienna, Merrifield, McLean and Falls Church. Know of any we’ve missed? Tell us!
Tuesday (July 9)
- Barre and Circuit Training — 6:30-7:30 at Strawberry Park (2910 District Avenue) — Every Tuesday in the Mosaic District until Aug. 27, Spark Yoga teaches a free barre and circuit class outside.
Wednesday (July 10)
- Game Night at A Taste of Urbanspace — 7 p.m.-midnight on the third floor of 2001 International Drive — Every Wednesday is game, beer and pizza night at the Tysons Galleria’s A Taste of Urbanspace.
Thursday (July 11)
- De-Stress Meditation in Tysons — 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Meditation Museum II (1984 Chain Bridge Road) — Participants can learn how to meditate in a way that will help energize themselves at this free event.
- “The Cure” — 7 p.m. at Angelika Film Center & Café at Mosaic (2911 District Avenue) — “The Cure — Anniversary 1978-2018 Live in Hyde Park” is a musical documentary about the English rock band The Cure. Tickets start at $15.
Friday (July 12)
- Ultimate 80’s New Wave — 7:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m. at The Palladium (1524 Spring Hill Road) — The Tysons club plans to have a dance party to hits from the 1980s. The party is free.
Saturday (July 13)
- Beginners Guide to Photography — 1-6 p.m. at HOIST (2807 Merrilee Drive) — American Photographic Artist is hosting a panel of professional photographers who will discuss what they look for in an assistant. Tickets start at $15.
Sunday (July 14)
- Eli Lev at Caboose Commons — noon-3 p.m. at Caboose Commons (2918 Eskridge Road) — The D.C.-based singer-songwriter will perform hymns at the beer garden and coffee house.
- Nas — 8 p.m. at the Filene Center (1551 Trap Road) — The hip-hop artist is teaming up with the National Symphony Orchestra for the Wolf Trap performance. Tickets start at $50.
Writs of eviction issued in Fairfax County (courtesy Department of Housing and Community Development) After a recent study showed an uptick in homelessness, Fairfax County staff say that data connects…
The first annual Paws on the Plaza was held in 2022 (courtesy Tysons Corner Center) The dog days are coming early to Tysons this year. Canines will first be unleashed…
The Southern fast-casual chain Chicken Salad Chick has signed a deal to open locations in Fairfax County (courtesy Chicken Salad Chick) A fast-casual chicken salad company is planning a move…
The proposed route and stations for the Route 7 bus rapid transit system in Tysons (via FCDOT) Plans for a Route 7 bus rapid transit (BRT) system in Tysons are…