Firefighter Taken to Hospital Following Falls Church Building Fire

A building fire in Falls Church ended up sending one firefighter to the hospital yesterday (Tuesday).

The fire broke out around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday (July 2) in the 7400 block of Lee Highway, according to a Fairfax County Fire and Rescue tweet.

The accidental fire that started in the attic area by the chimney stack was discovered after the fire sprinkler system and fire alarm went off, the tweet said.

One firefighter was taken to a local hospital for evaluation.

The fire caused $2,500 worth of damages, according to the fire department.

Map via Google Maps, photos via Fairfax County Fire and Rescue/Twitter

Recent Stories

Fairfax County will use an estimated $10 million in COVID-19 relief money for another major grant program aimed at helping community partners keep their doors open. The Board of Supervisors…

1st Stage Theatre in Tysons has unveiled its 2021-2022 season lineup. 1st Stage is reopening its doors to patrons in August for the first time since the venue at 1524…

Recently sold properties this week include a $3.6 million six-bedroom McLean home with a 4,000-square-foot saltwater pool.

(Updated at 11:30 a.m.) Face masks are now required when students are inside Fairfax County Public School buildings, regardless of an individual’s vaccination status, the school district announced this morning…

×

Subscribe to our mailing list