The Town of Vienna’s free monthly block parties this summer will start on Friday (June 21).
Featuring live music, food trucks and activities, the summer block parties are called “Chillin’ on Church” because they take place on Church Street between Dominion and Mill roads.
Here is the live music line-up:
- June 21: The Deja Gruv Band, playing R&B, funk and soul
- July 19: Mudlark, a classic rock and blues group
- Aug. 16: Big Bad JuJu, a rock and dance cover band
- Sept. 20: Hard Swimmin’ Fish, a jazz and funk ensemble
The summer block parties are from 6:30-9:30 p.m. every third Friday this summer.
The food truck list for this Friday has nearly a dozen vendors, including:
- Ben and Jerry’s
- Blue City Food — Indian street food
- Chix N Stix — wings, chicken tenders, hot dogs and fries
- Crepe Love Truck
- DC Korean BBQ Taco Box
- DC Slices — thin-crust pizza and tater tots
- Kona Ice of North Fairfax County — shaved ice
- N.C. Ribs on Wheels — barbecue, ribs, turkey legs and more
- Stay Cheesy Food Truck
- Tapas Truck DC
- Urban Bumpkin BBQ
While blankets and lawn chairs are welcome, alcohol not purchased at the party and pets are not.
Photo courtesy Town of Vienna
The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch in Fairfax County. The watch went into effect at 3:07 p.m. and is expected to last until 7 p.m. this…
Independence Day weekend is almost here. Before you prepare for the oncoming barrage of fireworks or head to bed for some much-needed sleep, let’s revisit the past week of news…
While it won’t be quiet around Fairfax County on Monday with Fourth of July celebrations, many government offices and facilities will be closed. Government offices, and some businesses, are closed…
Two D.C. residents have been arrested and charged with armed robbery after allegedly driving a man around and robbing him at gunpoint on April 9, the Town of Vienna Police…