The Town of Vienna’s free monthly block parties this summer will start on Friday (June 21).
Featuring live music, food trucks and activities, the summer block parties are called “Chillin’ on Church” because they take place on Church Street between Dominion and Mill roads.
Here is the live music line-up:
- June 21: The Deja Gruv Band, playing R&B, funk and soul
- July 19: Mudlark, a classic rock and blues group
- Aug. 16: Big Bad JuJu, a rock and dance cover band
- Sept. 20: Hard Swimmin’ Fish, a jazz and funk ensemble
The summer block parties are from 6:30-9:30 p.m. every third Friday this summer.
The food truck list for this Friday has nearly a dozen vendors, including:
- Ben and Jerry’s
- Blue City Food — Indian street food
- Chix N Stix — wings, chicken tenders, hot dogs and fries
- Crepe Love Truck
- DC Korean BBQ Taco Box
- DC Slices — thin-crust pizza and tater tots
- Kona Ice of North Fairfax County — shaved ice
- N.C. Ribs on Wheels — barbecue, ribs, turkey legs and more
- Stay Cheesy Food Truck
- Tapas Truck DC
- Urban Bumpkin BBQ
While blankets and lawn chairs are welcome, alcohol not purchased at the party and pets are not.
Photo courtesy Town of Vienna
Editor’s Note — With all 100 seats in Virginia’s House of Delegates on the ballot, Tysons Reporter is running Q&A-style profiles of the races in the Tysons area this week ahead of…
Meet Tip Toe, a short-haired tabby who has come a long way from the trash can where she was found at 4 weeks of age. Now just over 1 year…
Members of the public can now follow Tysons’ transformation from office hub to “America’s next great city” from their laptop. Fairfax County has repackaged its annual report on the implementation…
November is on the horizon, and in Virginia, that means it’s almost time for another Election Day. This year, voters will determine the Commonwealth’s future for the next four years,…