Welcome to New Homes, a monthly column highlighting the new construction real estate market, written by Conor Sullivan and Dave Moya of Three Stones Residential at Keller Williams Realty. We are here to share our experience and expertise in lot acquisition, financing and construction of custom homes.
Deciding to build your own custom home does not need to be scary, nor does it have to be stressful. However, it does mean you will have to make a ton of decisions from insulation type to lighting fixtures, door trim, and dozens of other areas.
That is why finding the 3 “R” are critical to success and happiness when building a new home: Right Builder, Right Time, Right Lot.
Here are five reasons to build, not buy, your next home:
- Get What You Want — When you build your own home, you are involved from the ground up, choosing the style, colors, size of your home, the number of bedrooms, etc. to create the home you have been dreaming of.
- Walk Into Equity — When you are able to find your own lot and hire a custom home builder with an average profit margin, you typically walk into immediate equity in the home once it’s completed.
- New Home Smell And Warranties — Nothing beats the feeling of driving a car nobody else but you have owned, with that new car smell. The same applies for a house: building a new home typically means less repairs and maintenance which can save both time and money.
- Green Features — Homes that are more than 10-15 years old did not always have features that took the environment into mind. When you build your own home, green features could be added easily, and with some builders come standard.
- Location, Location, Location — The most important term in real estate! When looking to build your own home, it is generally easier to find the location or neighborhood you want to live in, and build the home you want.
Without further ado, here are some current options for buying new homes around the Tysons area:
- 1905 Griffith Road, Falls Church — $1,249,999 — 4,781 sq. ft.
- 7534 Lisle Avenue, Falls Church — $1,279,000 — 4,001 sq. ft.
- 313 Cabin Road SE, Vienna — $1,474,990 — 4,840 sq. ft.
- 1309 Altamira Court, McLean — $2,650,000 — 6,250 sq. ft.
Want to learn more about financing a New Home build? McLean Mortgage (NMLS ID: 99665) can handle all of your construction financing needs. You can build your new home with as little as 5% down. Contact construction loan expert Troy Toureau (NMLS ID: 5618) at 301-440-4261 or AnyHomeLoans.com to learn more.
Three Stones Residential specializes in matching homeowners with the right builder and lot location. If you have any questions about new homes or builders that you’d like us to highlight please email us at [email protected].
The Virginia Chamber Orchestra is on the move. After decades at Northern Virginia Community College’s Ernest Center in Annandale, the professional nonprofit orchestra will shift its base for performances and…
George Mason University student Adel Batterjee and his friends had one of Bowlero’s first games yesterday (Monday) following the opening of the new Tysons Galleria venue, which combines an arcade…
Metro Service Cutbacks Continue — “Reduced Metrorail service is expected to continue until at least Sunday, October 24, as the investigation into the October 12 derailment continues. Beginning tomorrow, trains…
Metro is no stranger to safety challenges. Last week’s train derailment in Arlington was just the latest in a long history of perilous, occasionally fatal incidents that have plagued the…